Woodguy's Shop/class

Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
I finally took time to drive to Hickory------met Woodguy, Monty and all the students for the finishinh class he had going on.

Let me tell you-------don't mess with Woodguy, this guy has a handle on what he is doing!! The pictures just do not do justice to his shop. That Moak jointer------wow-------it really does look like an airplane could land on it. I do not know how he keeps it so clean and organized:eusa_thin

I think this guy is eat up with enthusiasm (not a bad disease to have).

I'm sure all the guys there learned a lot and I know they had a good time------I could hear them laughing in the shop from out in the back yard.

Anyway-it was good to meet some of the members face to face and "break bread" with them. (had lunch at a local BBQ eatery).

Hope all will lend their morale support in his endeavor establishing his own school (at least that is what I think he wants to do). Best wishes to ya Woodguy!!!

Jerry

Monty

New User
Monty
Re: Woodguy's Shoop/class

It was good to meet you. It's always fun to gather and talk "shop" in the shop!

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member

John gave a wonderfully informative class. Lots of background, why's and why not's, how to's and hands on. He is exceptionally well versed in what he is teaching. This was a great joy to be taught by a knowledgeable and enthusiastic craftsman.

I highly suggest that anyone attend his classes. I just which it was a bit closer.

John

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

and chalk another class up on the wall that I couldn't make it too,,John I swear by Monty Python's Holy Grail I will make it to one of your classes, even if its how to properly sweep up a shop,,lol

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

I would swear on "The life of Brian" instead... :rolf:

Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael

BUT I'M NOT DEAD YET!!! LOL I should be sleeping, Its way beyond my bedtime and I have patrols in the morrning. Its just hard sometimes to sleep.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

ok, I got my lines mixed up... ? guess those must be from other than Life of Brian... ? couldn't find them in the script? Yup, that's because those lines are from the Holy Grail... been too long since I've watched those movies.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio

BUT I'M NOT DEAD YET!!! LOL I should be sleeping, Its way beyond my bedtime and I have patrols in the morrning. Its just hard sometimes to sleep.

go to sleep, it's hard enough to patrol with all that stuff on that is part of the uniform now fully awake!

sorry for the thread-jack! Sure wish I could go to one of Woodguy's classes!

Last edited:

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose

I wish I was closer to Hickory. That sounds like what I need, I really want to get into chair making.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Boy, it was a fun day!!! It was great to meet Jerry and John (JMR2) for the first time and see Pete and of course Monty again. We had a full class of 8 with a couple returning folks from a previous cabinetmaking class and a couple returning rocker students (from Florida). Lat and his wife flew up from Florida for the class. Who was talking about being too far away.... LOL!!!!! Just kidding

We still have room in the Cabinetmaking this coming weekend. :)

I should have broke out the camera and took some pics....

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS