Woodguy Cabinetmaking Class - Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Since John was busy today teaching and demonstrating techniques, I took some pictures and offered to post this initial report on this class. Five students -- 3 North Carolina Woodworker regulars and two woodworkers who heard about the class through John's website -- are taking this class. North Carolina Woodworker members include LBMallett (Larry), MLB3164 (Marty Baucom) and me. Dave Eckerd and Andy Rhoney are woodworkers from the Hickory area (John has said he'll get them on board the site, too!).

Here are some thumbnail pics of Day One's efforts (click on them for full-sized images) -- we started with basic shop safety and cabinet construction basics -- then on to making processing stock for face frames and by afternoon, cutting and doing the joinery on the plywood cabinet carcases. By the end of the day, we had a complete wall cabinet all glued up, less the raised panel door which will be covered in Day Two.

1) 2) 3)
4) 5) 6)

1) John demos face frame assembly to Mark and Andy
2) Larry drills face frames with a Kreg Jig
3) John demos glue-up to Dave, Mark and Andy
4) as Larry looks on
5) John demos drilling shelf pin holes in cabinet sides for Dave
6) and Dave completes the job.

More tomorrow as we'll show cabinet glue-ups, coping the rails and stiles and raising door panels.

Rob

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Thanks for posting these pics Rob. It looks like the class went very well today and you all got a lot accomplished. I look forward to seeing the next series of pics from day 2.

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Looks Great, as usual! Can't wait to take one of John's classes. I qualify for three weeks vacation per year, soon. I'm going to have to work it out with LOML and my job, to take some of WG's classes.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Looks like a good class. Sounds like a lot was covered quickly. Guess I need to move to the other side of the state to get some class time.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Looking good guys. I can't wait to take another of John's classes. I learned loads in my first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS