Is it ok to eat the dead fungi? :rotflm:Other than open pored woods like Red Oak which can provide places to harbor bacteria, I don't think that there is any wood which is actually dangerous to use. Seriously how much of the wood are you going to ingest by cutting on a cutting board. Even with vigorous cleaver chopping if there are chunks of wood coming off, you're doing it wrong. Even spalted wood that has been dried doesn't have any live fungi any more.
We could make an exception in the editing program that would allow that particular fungi's name to be seen, but really how often do we discuss mushrooms in conjunction with woodworking. :eusa_thin"My favorite dead fungi are portabello and ****aki mushrooms sauteed with butter and garlic."
Really!!?? Now we are starring the parts of (non english) words that sound like swear words??
That is completely ridonkulous!!!:rotflm: :gar-Bi