Wood shop again after 3 years without

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
In a much smaller workshop than when I was in Martinsville, but I will be able to make it work.

Equipment did great being stored for that time. Just sprayed the cast iron with that WD40 brand of rust inhibitor that goes on wet and then dries hard.

One coat and covered with that cotton material that you use on furniture to be stored. Seems to keep the moisture away from the cast iron.

Anyway I digress, here is a picture from today and everything but the router table has been checked out, lubed, adjusted, and run. Yes, time for a wine rack project requested by the missus.
Garage shop-2-1583.jpg
Had to go vertical with storage.
Garage shop-4-1595.jpg
Have a few more items to clean off the floor to make room for the router table and get that set up.
Had a company do the concrete floor and block, which helps a ton as it blocks out moisture and humidity in the garage.
Bob

Cato

New User
Bob
Floor looks great, what did they use on it?
I had a company called Monkey Bars put in the floor.
They ground the floor with a grinder and then put down a resin and flakes, then next day put a urethane topcoat. I like it.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congrats on getting back in the shop, Bob. I was without a shop for several years while we transitioned to our current place. What a great feeling it was to get back.

FlyingRon

Ron
Excellent, you don't want to know how long I went without a (permament) shop. I know it feels good to be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS