Wood-Mizer LT40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Jeff,
I suppose you have lots of wood to saw. I went to the Farm Fair at the Western NC Ag Center last year and saw one of these units in operation. It had the hydraulics for operation of log handling, but otherwise was similar to the unit you are looking at. I was really impressed with the uniformity and smoothness of oak boards he was cutting. This wood looked much better than what I'm used to seeing as rough cut. Machinery has always fascinated me, but I have no need for something like that. But I would have fun with it. The associated equipment can also be a significant expense, but perhaps you already have that. Keep us posted.
Roy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My best friend has one and the board he mills off of it can go straight to the jointer not needing to be straight-line ripped. The bandsaw leaves a very smooth and consistent cut. He has told me it takes about 40 minutes to set up, he has the hydraulic log deck also, and is easy to haul around. I should be getting some wood he milled next weekend and I post some pictures of the results.
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Actully I was thinking of purchasing the mill, building a solar kiln and selling lumber to you guys and (gals). If the price were right and the lumber were were high grade and dry, you would buy some - right?

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
Pleeaaasssee!! you couldnt cut, and dry it fast enough for us,,lol. Especially if you went out of your way and purchased stuff like walnut, hard maple, cherry, and the currly stuff as well. be blessed bro

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
I own a 1999 LT40HDD 25 HP Kohler commander engine and have been sawing part time for 3 years. Sawing is just a 1/3 of the fun. The other part is stacking and stickering, dry kilning anf finishing.If you want to know more give me a call 704-258-8985.

J

jeff...

I've decided, I'm moving forward with the Wood Mizer LT40 manual mill with 49 hours on it, from my uncle. He's cut his nephew (me) a deal and a half, that I just can't pass up. I've checked into resale value and I could easily sell it for far more than I'm paying, so to me this is a no brain-er. I should have it home in the next few weeks.

Thanks everyone for their input, it was greatly appreciated...

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Good deal Jeff. Best of luck with getting it up and running. Hopefully you will be milling lumber in no time.

D L

sapwood

New User
Roger
Congratulations Jeff!

Have fun, but be careful :-D

And let me be the first to say:
YOU SUCK!

Enviously,
Sapwood

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hey!

I don't make the rules, I just break them :mrgreen:

Sapwood (with apologies to songwriter Eric Heatherly)

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
as roger rides away on his harley chopper, leather jacket, with Born to be Bad in the background,,lol and the winged helmet on,,,lol priceless

J

jeff...

Picked up my new (used - 77.7 hours) wood mizer LT40 (manual) yesterday, came with all the manuals and 9 blades, 2 used and 7 new.

Got my camera working kinda, the flash don't work - sorry if the pics are dark.

Attachments

• Apr23$10.JPG
    Apr23$10.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 374
  • Apr23$08.JPG
    Apr23$08.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Apr23$02.JPG
    Apr23$02.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 331
  • Apr23$04.JPG
    Apr23$04.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 319

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that's awesome, and at 77 hours it's like new. I can't wait to see the boards you mill with it. Granville Co. isn't very far from me at all :eusa_danc

Oh yea, I think this qualifies you for a most respectful

YOU SUCK!!!!
meant in the most jealous of ways :jealous:

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Dang Jeff..........that thing is huge! What length and diameter log will it handle? That saw looks to be in excellent shape. I know you said this is the manual version but can it be upgraded to add additional features if needed?

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors