Wood gloat - finally home !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glennbear

Glenn
Over a year ago while I was in the process of decluttering my NJ house so I could market it I was given the chance to obtain some heart pine bleacher wood to recycle. These boards were 20' long by a full 1" thick of varying widths. Unfortunately I had to cut them down so I could place them in my storage unit and eventually into a U-Haul for the trek to Dixie. :wsad:For the past 11 months they have been in storage units in NJ and VA but yesterday I completed my wood rack so they finally made it home :gar-Bi I have not figured out how many board feet I have but here is the breakdown:
(16) 11 1/4 "x 1" x 8' + (8) 4 foot pcs.
(16) 9 1/4" x 1" x 8' + (8) 4 foot pcs.
(34) 7 1/2 " x 1" x 8 + (20) 4 foot pcs.

After I sand and plane this wood to remove the finish and decades of stuck on chewing gum I should have full 3/4" stock to work with. There are random bolt holes to be filled but that is what plug cutters are made for :gar-La;
If nothing else, according to my calculations, depending on whether I rip or crosscut them out, I have enough wood for 10,480 pen blanks :swoon:
Truck loaded up in town, ready to come home.

Stacked on the new wood rack

It does not all quite fit !!!

Not the best picture, but this stuff is really dense, I can barely count grain lines.

The large slabs in front of the wood rack are solid core doors which will become my workbench tops.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Glenn,

Nice haul on the recycled heart pine and super nice wall rack for storage. That upper shelf is sure doing it's duty...that's one heavy load up there.

BTW...what part of NJ did you evacuate from? I escaped from the Morristown area in late 04 and we are loving it here in the mountains of western NC.

Dan C.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
That's some nice looking stuff, Glenn. Should make some great projects from it.

That wood rack is looking good.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Glenn,

Good job on the wood rack!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

If you want to sell some of that 4" stock let me know!!!

Glennbear

Glenn
That is some nice pine, must be old growth from long ago.

Whatcha plan to make with it?
When I moved I tossed a lot of furniture so high on the project list is a bed, I currently have no headboard and having to pull my pillows out of the mini blinds is getting rather stale :nah:
Glenn,

Nice haul on the recycled heart pine and super nice wall rack for storage. That upper shelf is sure doing it's duty...that's one heavy load up there.

BTW...what part of NJ did you evacuate from? I escaped from the Morristown area in late 04 and we are loving it here in the mountains of western NC.
Dan C.
I started out in Essex County , and starting in 1959 I kept moving South, by the time I left the state in 2007 I was living in Ocean County
Glenn,

Good job on the wood rack!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

If you want to sell some of that 4" stock let me know!!!
4" ??? nothing I have is over 1" Geoff with the exception of that BORG SYP on the top rack :gar-La;

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Glenn,
Nice haul of wood , now that you've got the racks filled you have to build more. Then you've got to fill them and build more......

Jimmy:mrgreen:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice wood rack, Glenn! Also nice score on the stash of wood testing it out:icon_chee

You should be able to get a headboard out of that!

Good luck,

J

jeff...

Gonna smell a lot like Christmas in your shop, heart pine is getting tough to find - good grab and nice way to treecycle :thumbs_up

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Glenn - both on the lumber score and the lumber rack! I love pine...that's going to be pretty no matter what you use it for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS