Wood For Sale in Classified

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

New User
Chad
This is from: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/view.php?pg=policy-ads

For profit Members selling lumber, turning woods or other unfinished raw wood products may post a thread in the Wood Forum as long as the following criteria are met: (1) The offering is exclusively for NC Woodworker members; (2) Pricing should be lower than normal sales at their regular place of business; and (3) A discount to members and/or a nominal donation to NC Woodworker, Inc. per $100 in total sales is included in the offering.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I may have misunderstood the most recent discussion, but I think lumber may be posted to the classifieds as long as it's not a commercial operation. In this case, someone is selling his private collection because he's moving. This is obviously different than a commercial wood supplier posting an ad, or a lumber run from a sawyer.

So, I think it's fine as is.

b4man

New User
Barbara
After Chad responded to my question, I read the various topics in the wood forum. I saw where someone is selling a large amount of wood there. Then with Bas' reply I am confused again.

When I think of "WOOD" I usually think about questions regarding usage, species or advice on a certain type or specifications. I wouldn't have thought to look there for sales.

Thanks you helping me to be more conscious of various forum entries.:icon_thum

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Good catch Chad! So, based on the policy, sounds like this ad is acceptable in the Classified section (to me). As Russ is not a commercial operator.

I now see, thanks to Barbara pointing it out, there is some rather confusing logic here. Its one of those implied things.

This is the current Forum Description:

Wood
This is the place to discuss wood. Species, Properties,etc.

Wood, er I mean would it make sense to add something to the description of this forum about "would special offers"?

Jim

M

McRabbet

I agree that this is a one-time member sale of existing stash of wood since he is moving out of state and so it qualifies to remain in the Classified Ads. I also agree with Jim and Barbara that we should clarify the description in the "Wood Forum" to include "Special Wood Offers to Members".

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I agree that this is a one-time member sale of existing stash of wood since he is moving out of state and so it qualifies to remain in the Classified Ads. I also agree with Jim and Barbara that we should clarify the description in the "Wood Forum" to include "Special Wood Offers to Members".
I'd agree with that :)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
How bout them apples?

Wood
Discussions about wood. Species, Properties, etc. Includes special wood offers to members, lumber runs, group buys.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS