Wood Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey All,

Does anyone know where I might find a chart on the characteristics of wood ? Such as hardness, stability, workability, and finishability ( I don't even think this is a word:nah:). I would like it to include native and import woods if possible. Also any major hazards of said wood ( as in breathability). I checked the chart in the download library and it's okay, but doesn't get into specifics, plus it doesn't mention exotics.

Thanks in advance,

Jimmy:mrgreen:

cskipper

Cathy
Have you looked in our Download Library (middle blue button right under the logo) on this site?

Sully

New User
jay
The book "World Woods in Color" has a nice summary of different properties of a large number of species from all over the world including pictures, other names, distribution, mechanical properties, working properties, uses, etc.

It's a nice book.

$0.02
J

Jim Hancock

Jim
Corporate Member
I have a CD from the http://www.hardwoodcouncil.com/ that has info on a number of species including properties and finishing. It appears that the info on the CD is now online as well. It is only for Amercan species from what I can tell. If you would like a copy of the CD drop me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS