Wixey Fence Digital Readout

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
Is this readout worth the 100$ it costs or is it a gadget? It sounds good, but I have been burned before and would like some feedback from users. Any input appreciated. Thanx.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
I haven't seen the digital fence readout, but I did recently purchase the Wixey Digital Angle Gauge. I feel like that was a good purchase. That gauge is easy to use and the measurements are repeatable. I have tried it with my table saw and with setting the table on my band saw. Is the readout worth $100? That is for you to say but from what I have seen so far, the Wixey is a good measuring device. Looks like there is a bit of setup / mounting involved with this readout. I would make sure it is adaptable to the saw that you have before you purchase.

Good luck,

Duane

I have the wixey upgrade on my planer and that was well worth every penny spent but in this case.

I have the table saw one on my wish list but have not pulled the trigger cause I do not think my fence it accurate enough to make the upgrade any better then a good ruler and the current tape ruler on my fence... I had read that it tends to be more accurate in the smaller distance and grow as you move the fence away from the blade and this is a perfectly rational conclusion

If I was going to spend the money I would consider taking that $100 and putting it toward INCRAS table saw fence system it is accurate and easy to keep set up and does not take batteries.... I would have already bought this for my saw but the downside is on wide cuts this fence system takes up more room the way it slides..... If I had the room it would me on my saw without a question

INCRA Precision Fence :: Table Saw Fence :: TS-LS Table Saw Fence

T

toolferone

I have it and used it a lot on certain cuts. I tend not to use it on normal everyday type of cuts, but more for special stuff. If I am cutting a bunch of small strips I will zero out and move the fence what I need instead of remembering the blade kerf. I also use it if I want to move the fence just a smidge because a cut was a tad big. It is easy to see how much you move the fence. Now I have a right tilt saw, so my fence cursor stays correct when I ad a stacked dado cutter, but on left tilt saws the cursor is off by the amount of your dado. I could see the readout really helping there. Hope this helps.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
LOML got me the WR700 for Christmas. Haven't checked it out yet.

I had actually put it on my 'wish list' when I had my cabinet saw with 50" fence. Not sure how much I will need it with my slding table saw. I tend to make most cuts from the left of the blade using the sliding table and cross cut fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS