Wixey Fence Digital Readout

Status
Not open for further replies.

weelis

New User
weelis
Is this readout worth the 100$ it costs or is it a gadget? It sounds good, but I have been burned before and would like some feedback from users. Any input appreciated. Thanx.

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
I haven't seen the digital fence readout, but I did recently purchase the Wixey Digital Angle Gauge. I feel like that was a good purchase. That gauge is easy to use and the measurements are repeatable. I have tried it with my table saw and with setting the table on my band saw. Is the readout worth $100? That is for you to say but from what I have seen so far, the Wixey is a good measuring device. Looks like there is a bit of setup / mounting involved with this readout. I would make sure it is adaptable to the saw that you have before you purchase.

Good luck,

Duane

I have the wixey upgrade on my planer and that was well worth every penny spent but in this case.

I have the table saw one on my wish list but have not pulled the trigger cause I do not think my fence it accurate enough to make the upgrade any better then a good ruler and the current tape ruler on my fence... I had read that it tends to be more accurate in the smaller distance and grow as you move the fence away from the blade and this is a perfectly rational conclusion

If I was going to spend the money I would consider taking that $100 and putting it toward INCRAS table saw fence system it is accurate and easy to keep set up and does not take batteries.... I would have already bought this for my saw but the downside is on wide cuts this fence system takes up more room the way it slides..... If I had the room it would me on my saw without a question

INCRA Precision Fence :: Table Saw Fence :: TS-LS Table Saw Fence

T

toolferone

I have it and used it a lot on certain cuts. I tend not to use it on normal everyday type of cuts, but more for special stuff. If I am cutting a bunch of small strips I will zero out and move the fence what I need instead of remembering the blade kerf. I also use it if I want to move the fence just a smidge because a cut was a tad big. It is easy to see how much you move the fence. Now I have a right tilt saw, so my fence cursor stays correct when I ad a stacked dado cutter, but on left tilt saws the cursor is off by the amount of your dado. I could see the readout really helping there. Hope this helps.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
LOML got me the WR700 for Christmas. Haven't checked it out yet.

I had actually put it on my 'wish list' when I had my cabinet saw with 50" fence. Not sure how much I will need it with my slding table saw. I tend to make most cuts from the left of the blade using the sliding table and cross cut fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors