WIP auction table

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Here are a couple of pics of the table I am presently making which will be an auction item in an upcoming event in which all proceeds go to underpriviledge children. It is made entirely of Mahogany with maple inlay and maple / walnut inlay on the bottom of the legs. This is just a dry fit. I haven't decided what type of finish to put on it though. I have considered the following:

Amber shellac
Stain / seal / Pre-cat lacquer

Any suggestions???

DSCF0059.JPG

DSCF0057.JPG

Mike

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have no suggestion on the finish, but that is a beautiful table. I really like the inlays on the legs. And a wonderful cause that you are making it for :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap I hope it brings much $$$

Dave:)

John_LA

New User
John Lach
Beautiful table - love the inlay :eusa_clap

I personally try to stay away from stains, I like to let the wood show its natural color as much as possible.

John

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
That looks great! Are you going to fill the pores on the top?

As for finish, clear coat something. Waterlox, pre-cat lacquer, no stain whatever you do!

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
A classic table deserves a classic finish - SHELLAC :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

pete

dozer

Mike
Fantastic looking table for a truly great cause. I use a fast dry varnish made by Sherwin Williams that is also really easy to work with and dries perfectly clear just a suggestion.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Beautiful piece Mike! The inlays really set it apart. :icon_thum

Can't wait to see the finish,
Roger

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Here are a couple of pics of the table I am presently making which will be an auction item in an upcoming event in which all proceeds go to underpriviledge children. It is made entirely of Mahogany with maple inlay and maple / walnut inlay on the bottom of the legs. This is just a dry fit. I haven't decided what type of finish to put on it though. I have considered the following:

Amber shellac
Stain / seal / Pre-cat lacquer

Any suggestions???

Mike

This link on Finishing may give you some help.
Scott Morrisons' Notes

Nice table!! Hope you get lots of $$$ from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors