Wilson HD Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
The Wilson, NC, Home Depot is closing its doors. Announced about 2 weeks ago, but closing in a month or so. At present, about everything is 20% off (except appliances), and there is still quite a bit of stock and tools left. Did not see any empty shelves. Some bulk things are 40% off. Might be time to go get that tool that is NEVER on sale or stock up on those pneumatic nails, etc. Discounts will probably go up as closing gets nearer.

Caveat is all receipts marked "No refund/no return".

And yes, for those of you on the shop crawl, I did buy some new lights for the garage. Found some 4 bulb 4' flourescent T-8 fixtures with high power factor ballasts. Literally the difference between night and day out there now!:mrgreen:

Go

gator

George
Corporate Member
That's a surprise. The one in the old K-Mart building? They've only been open something like 2-3 years (or maybe less). They didn't give themselves much time to get established. Or did being in the proximity of the larger Lowes do it?

George

Glennbear

Glenn
I am not at all familiar with the Wilson store but I find the fact that BORG corporate chose to close it somewhat disconcerting. In my area of rural VA with the exception of a small hardware store and a couple lumberyards the BORG is the only game in town and never seems to be crowded. The closest similar store (Lowes) is 45 miles away. Hopefully a decision to close my local store will not be made on low sales volume. There was talk of putting up a Lowes about 20 miles away but those plans got put on hold when the economy tanked. :wsmile:

RobS.

Robert Slone
Senior User
The Wilson store is in a decent location but it's stuck behind other businesses in a strip mall (with several vacancies) making it a bit hard to see. It's also a bit tricky getting in their parking lot. And it's only a block away from a well established Lowes. All these things have been working against it since it opened. I find it much easier to get to the Lowes store.

I went in HD in Wilson Friday and did not see any great sales or price reductions. Did see a lot of 20% off signs. I bought a rake and some trash bags, but only because I needed them. I was hoping for some better sales prices.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
BORGs usually like to be in close proximity to each other. That way if one doesn't have what you want you'll go to the other (hopefully them). Working in Columbia last year I saw an example of their strategy. The oldest store near me was a small Lowe's. Near it was a larger & newer HD. A couple miles east was an even larger & newer Lowe's. Farther east of that was a newer MEGA HD, bigger than any I've ever seen. With the economy such as it is don't expect this trend to continue.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I know there are a couple of members here who have been talking about Rigid tools, specifically their oscillating sander. If any of you is passing through the store and sees a good discount on those machines, there are some members (I can't remember who they were) that would be interested.

Glennbear

Glenn
I know there are a couple of members here who have been talking about Rigid tools, specifically their oscillating sander. If any of you is passing through the store and sees a good discount on those machines, there are some members (I can't remember who they were) that would be interested.

Thanks Ray, I am one of the people on the hunt for a bargain on that OSS. :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS