Wife/wood gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Since joining this group and expanding my horizons beyond just scrolling, I have had many many opportunities to count my blessings . I just gotta share this one :mrgreen:

I got home from work yesterday and The Shoppe Widow says " look in the back of my truck "

wife_wood.jpg

View image in gallery

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:
"Where in the world did that come from ? " I asked . " I found it today while walking one of my dogs" she replied . " How on earth did you get it in your truck ? " . " Slowly " she said , grinning like a mule eatin briers . " plus it has a handle ..... it was in a pile with some other logs and I looked at the leaves and thought it was maple because the leaves aren't all pointy and jagged like a sweetgum " ( someone's been paying attention ) :rolf:
You could have knocked me over with a feather !
Now bear in mind I get zero grief from her when it comes to my shop and my woodworking and sawdust all over the house and the dog , but for her to take the time and effort to hoss this thing into her truck by herself and bring it home for me just goes above and beyond in my book :icon_thum She's not exactly petite but she ain't no Paul Bunyan either and this is not a 2ft piece of firewood :nah:

from all outward appearances, this is just a plain ol vanilla piece of maple but the love and thought behind it makes it as pretty as any piece of burl to me :icon_thum

I am truly blessed and grateful for my " woodworker wife " and to be where I am today. :notworthy:
I will most definitely be making her a " fer special " when this one dries out :icon_cheers

..... life is good :gar-Bi

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
There is no greater blessing than a good mate. If members of a couple are always thinking of the others wants and needs, and not just theirself, they will form an unbreakable bond.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Great story Robert. Of course, I secretly suspect most spouses approve of woodworking. It keeps the you at home instead of being out drinking and getting into trouble, it's cheaper than golf, and occasionally something pretty emerges. And when you're being annoying, your spouse can tell you to PLEASE go to the shop.

But as for your wife actually being able to identify a tree and know sweetgum is a less-than-desirable tree....yeah, you did good bro.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Robert, if she does that good just strolling the dog, do you think she'd do good at dumpster diving? :wsmile:

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
For the most part I've always believed Bas' words to be golden...until I just read his post exclaiming woodworking was less costly than golf!! Wait, I could be wrong. Perhaps Bas' idea of golf includes buying his own private course; that must be it!!:rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Great gloat Bro! :gar-Bi Christy and I both really loved the story. :icon_thum Now if I could just get her a vehicle with some trunk space.... :rotflm:

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
No matter how long we live with them, it seems they never cease to surprise us, however those surprises can be among the best of our lives! Congrats on getting one of the good ones!

cskipper

Cathy
Very cool! LOML is catching the wwing bug again - I'm so excited. He's happier when working on a project, even if frustrating ones. I think that is why our spouses don't really mind our wwing.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Heck of a gloat!
Doesn't hurt you wound up with some wood either~
I think we all need to stop and count our blessings from time to time.
Good stuff my friend.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll ask this question on behalf of the single male woodworkers here:
Does she have a sister? :gar-Bi

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Ms. Debra is a definite keeper, Robert! Of course, I knew that the first time I heard you talk about her.:icon_thum

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
You definitely got a good'un bro, but you already knew that and didn't need me to tell ya!!! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:rotflm:

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS