Why is Download Forum Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

McRabbet

Currently, Registered Users cannot upload files into the Download Library. I checked through AdminCP and that is how it it set -- I can see putting uploads into Moderation for approval, but it was open for uploads (e.g., Handturnedbowls excellent tutorials). Jim Thomasson wants to upload a Yahoo website building file (~10mb), which should be moderated for approval, but he cannot upload it. I gave him guidance to upload it to the "Not Yet Categorized" group, but he could not upload; "It is Locked". I will send him a PM to let him know we are working on the issue and will get him an answer (all our correspondence has been via PM's).

Not sure if Steve can still answer...

Rob

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I think Steve is gone. I haven't seen any reason for it to be locked though. I think you should go ahead and unlock it. Just make sure moderation is on.

I was looking around last night, but I only created me a gallery. Sincerely do not believe I changed anything though.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
No, I'm still here. I looked around and I couldn't find where it was locked.???? I'm missing something. Is the whole thing locked or just register users?

If I locked it, ir was by accident.

M

McRabbet

Steve: Looking at UserGroup/Forum Permissions for the Registered Users in the Download Forum, all of the Post/Thread options are set to No except the last one which is Follow Forum Moderation Rules. Shouldn't all of these be set to yes?

Rob

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
There is no download forum. The forum you are refering to Download FAQs.

Just go to Downloads on the top Horiz menu. That where the downloads are.

M

McRabbet

My bad. Obviously the FAQs on Downloads should be closed to posting. But, Jim said that uploading to Downloads was "locked" when he tried to upload. As an Admin, it is wide open for me, so I don't see what he sees. In my PM to him, I provided a link to the "Not Yet Categorized" group and advised him to select "Add", then provide the Title, etc., and upload his file. It was for the Yahoo website tool he provided the link for in a later post. Where is that Download section controlled? In cPanel?

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Admincp->Downloads Lets you manage categories.
admincp->user group manager Pick usergroup and select edit. First set of options ecDownloads provides permissions.

Purgatory is same as moderation queue

Last edited:
M

McRabbet

Ok. I looked at those and learned some more. My conclusion is that Jim Thomasson doesn't understand how to upload -- he may not have the file he needs available to be able to upload it or something like that. I will PM him back and suggest that he try again....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS