Who's bidding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
OK, I know its got to be some of you guys bidding on the #1 Stanley on EBay now. There's 11 hrs to go and its up to $4100. Man I've got it bad but not that bad. Fess up

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
It's called the "bigger fool" theory and it is the same principle that caused the dot.com bubble a few years ago. "It doesn't matter what I pay for it, 'cuz there will always be another idiot out there with more money than brains" (but sooner or later proved to be in short supply of both!)

I can't stand it!
What makes it worth so much?

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
OK I admit it, I am NOT bidding on it. $4100 for a hand plane? I won't say that I will never do it, but I find it hard to believe I ever would.....

DaveO

New User
DaveO
But it's a #1, and that is rare, and the condition is excellent, even the box has it's entire label attached :eusa_danc ......naww, still too much money:roll: :roll: But to folks that are hard core collectors, it's probably a steal 8-O It hasn't met it's reserve yet...wonder how much the seller is wanting for it :eusa_thin

Dave:)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Hmmm. One number 1 handplane compared to what else I could buy with $4100? I think not. If I was loaded, maybe, but I am not, and I have seen a few other things on Flea Bay that have peeked my interest.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I've got one with a replaced tote and thought $800 was crazy but I had to have it to finish out my bench plane collection. Is a tote and a box worth $4000+? Not to me.........I'm dumb but not totaly nutz.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
$800? Still a lot of money, but it is 5 times less than $4100 when reserve hasn't been met. I think I will stick with collecting power tools.

nelsone

New User
Ed
That little #1 is definitly cute, but I don't see the functionality of the plane though. It is smaller than a block plane and you can barely fit a finger around the handle. I could have picked one up at the April antique show at Metrolina Expo, but $1300 was still way too rich for my blood!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
It's now up to $4850 ............ with an hour and twently minutes to go!!!!

And........looks like the reserve has been finally met!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh Myyyyyyy!!!!!

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS