Who is using Internet Explorer and.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
does not see the Scrolling Marquee?

I ask, as it seems some people see it, others don't.

My first question is, if you are running Internet Explorer, can you see the scrolling banner?

Looking to see if its some or all IE users.

Thanks,
Jim

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
just opened up the site for the first time in long time in IE - no scrolling marquee. V 8.

and, the STUPID bing search engine web/toolbar thingy demanded that I download an update, and I could not make the box go away without doing that, couldn't even move the box so I could log into NCWW in IE without first agreeing to Bing's update. (text here originally amounted to "personal attack on MS) AAAAAGHH

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jim,

I use Firefox almost exclusively. I brought up IE just to see what I get with regard to the marquee. It does not show up.

I'm using IE version 6 updated with SP 3

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ok, thats not good.....

Before I jump off a cliff, click on the Forums tab on the blue tab menu. Does that show it?

The scrolling banner won't show up on the Home page (not worth fixing).

Jim

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
FWIW, no scrolling banner in Chrome, either.... wonder if the one fix will work for both browsers?

M

McRabbet

Can't see it in either place -- using IE7.0.5730.13 and my OS is XP/Home with all of the latest updates including SP3.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Let me try Chrome.

I ran IE8 under Linux/wine emulation and I see the banner.

Its also possible we are dealing with a Security tool like a virus scanner or Windows Security Zone blocking this.

Jim

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jim,

Tried on my version again. On the Home Page, there isn't even room for the marquee. When I click on the Forum tab, the page that comes up has the space for the marquee, but nothing scrolling across

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Hmmm, I installed Google Chrome, I see the banner. That means its working on Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

Question for NCPete, is it working in Firefox but not IE? You said its working in Chrome?

What version of windows are you on?

Jim

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I might have a small clue, all my tests were done on WebKit and Gecko (not the insurance) rendering engines. IE uses its own, of course.

Still like to hear from Pete.

Jim

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Hmmm, I installed Google Chrome, I see the banner. That means its working on Firefox, Chrome and Opera.

Question for NCPete, is it working in Firefox but not IE? You said its working in Chrome?

What version of windows are you on?

Jim

correct, firefox and chrome, but not IE. This computer is using XP SP3, let me check with one of mine on Vista, my older laptop with Ubuntu Linux is currently down, or I could play with that, too.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I know this isn't what you asked....but I'm running Ubuntu v. 9.04 using Firefox and it shows....:(

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well, its pretty conclusive. I need to pull this new Mod.

It is working great on all the Gecko based browsers (Firefox, Chrome) and Opera, but not on IE.

Typical of Microsoft.

I'll revert back to the original banner until I can sort something out.

Thanks for all the help.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS