Who all see posts in the this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
Who all sees posts in this forum and the work queue forum?

When members look at their home screen do they see different topics than we see because messages from these queues show up on our home page?

How do you spell queue (if that's not correct)? I was chatting late last night and at work early this a.m.:lol:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Cathy, I was never able to see this forum nor the Work Queue forum until Steve made me a Mod. Last night, I logged out and came back on as a guest to see if I could see them and they were not there. However, this does not mean that a registered member cannot see them since guests have a more limited access. Maybe you can ask your DH if he sees those two forums when he is logged on.

D L

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy
I'm at work and couldn't see them as a guest either. I wondered about members, charter members... The answer could affect discussions we might hold, especially in the work queue.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I inquired if Rick Cornell could view those forums and he replied that he could not.
Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
That's cuz he's not as good of a hacker as me!!! :jealous:

Just checking in on the computer at work... it's on here, too.

cskipper

Cathy
Is Rick a charter member? Does that make a difference - or is it that insom just works his way around?

P.S. If we want to talk about insom we will have to PM :lol:

M

McRabbet

At this point, only Moderators, Super Moderators (DaveO) and Administrators should be able to see these two forums. I was wrong when I thought Charter members could see them; they cannot. I believe that Insomniac was able to get in after I unwittingly created a gap in the armor when I created the Western NC WW Club Interest Group. Any member inherited the forum permissions of the creator, unless changed. That is now changed.

Let's see if I'm right or if he really has hacked it (or that there is another chink in the armor).

Added 1/28: Insomniac confirmed that his entry was sudden and was caused by the new group I created. It is fixed now. Of course, he has just become an Administrator and can see it, but other regular Charter Members cannot.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very interesting, that would coincide with when all this happened. For as much as Insom is on this site and his very helpful nature I am surprised that he hasn't offer to be a Moderator. Like it would take more time than he already gives this site.

M

McRabbet

Next step will be to get him to test the armor! :)

Looks like I was wrong about the Contact by the blind woodworker Bob Kennedy -- I still don't recall our having a graphic box with skewed text that needs to be re-entered, but I may be wrong. I haven't tryed to re-register.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I actually went throught the whole registration today to see what was all involved. And there is that graphic box, and that was the only thing his software couldn't "read" to him. He will be able to fill in all of his biographical info and other stuff himself. Keep a look out for Scrapwood in a few days. If he is as interesting on this site as he was on the phone we have another great addition to our group.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I asked Sapwood to see if he could see the forums for admin and mods, since he was also a charter member. He replied that he couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS