White Oak and Walnut wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
What kind of quantity are looking for? Rough or dressed? Grade and width? Cost? That shouldn't be hard stock to find through the usual wood suppliers in the Triangle area, unless you are looking for something unusual. Check the floating menu for a list of Wood Suppliers that we have compiled.

Dave:)

Woodfish

New User
Dennis
Dave, thanks for the reply. I'm looking for something a little cheaper
than the local wood supply stores. I only buy there when I absolutely have to. I have about 800 bd. ft. of rough sawn red oak, 200 bd. ft. of soft maple, and 100 bd. ft. of poplar, plus another 600 bd. ft that I've used that I and my sawyer salvaged from some trees that had fallen down 3-4 years ago. It's "log run" quality, but it only cost me about $0.25 per bd. ft. plus about 3-4 days of my time. Great bargin for me! So, I'm looking for someone who may have done something similar to what I've done, but who might be willing to sell some.

Woodfish

New User
Dennis
Dave, I forgot to mention that I have no idea what a "floating menu" is. Which brings me to another problem I have and that is using this site.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Sorry, the floating menu is at the left of the page and says SITE NAVIGATION.
Under Important Info is the list of local wood suppliers
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/index.php?page=woodsup

I don't know if you'll find prices like you mentioned...that's a gloat for sure. But there are several saywers listed and that going to be your best bet for cheap lumber. Also some of the wholesale like McEwin and Horizon F.P. have decent prices for large orders, and top quality stock.
If you have any issues working the features of the site please post them in the How Do I forum and hey will be quickly answered, and that will benefit someone who thought that they were the only one having difficulties and afraid to post about it.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS