Which brad nailer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have a 15-ga finish nailer but want something a bit smaller for interior trim work and misc projects; and so a brad nailer is on the list.

I have tried to read the reviews online but most guns have mixed reviews and I can't seem to find a good consensus.

My only requirements with this gun are that it have a reliable depth setting adjustment and that it minimize the marring to the work where the tip makes contact (my 15-ga finish nailer always dings the work and it drives me crazy).

So what to buy...???...???

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I just bought a Hitachi on sale at Lowe's and I'm well pleased so far. It replaced a Bostich that I couldn't keep operating. Several other folk recommended the Hitachi also. :wsmile:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Depending on what type "finish work" you're doing, the guru's tell me you might also want to consider a pin nailer. :dontknow:

jemcguire

New User
John
I've always liked my 18ga Bostitch and it gets a lot of use, but it's over ten years old and probably doesn't compare to the newer models. I've heard good things about the Porter Cable as well.

ChrisB

New User
Chris
I have a Senco 18-ga brad nailer that I've had for several years and have used a lot. It doesn't have an adjustable depth adjustment but I've never had a problem nailing anything from oak and hard maple to white pine. If I had to replace it I'd get another Senco.

Chris

jhreed

New User
james
I have the Bostitch 18 ga, 5/8-2" unit. w/depth adj. oil free. Others advertise how quick you can clear a jam. I cannot tell you how long it takes to clear a jam on my Bostitch, never had one. Love the oil free feature. The depth adj. works great. Mine is certainly not for sale.
James

Mike Camp

New User
Mike
I have the Bostitch 18 ga, 5/8-2" unit. w/depth adj. oil free. Others advertise how quick you can clear a jam. I cannot tell you how long it takes to clear a jam on my Bostitch, never had one. Love the oil free feature. The depth adj. works great. Mine is certainly not for sale.
James

+1 on the Bostitch.

I got this one reconditioned and love it. The Hitachi @ Lowe's gets rave reviews as well. The reconditioned Bostitch is on sale for $49.99 @ Rockler and free shipping with code V9117

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have the Porter Cable 18 ga. and have been very satisfied w/ it. This deal, mentioned by Mark above, might also be worth checking out. I have the Freeman pin nailer, and it works fine.

The only brand pneumatic guns I have had consistent problems w/ are the two Campbell Hausfield models. Both have been replaced because the originals malfunctioned, and the replacements weren't any better.

Bill

DanR

New User
Dan
I just bought a Hitachi on sale at Lowe's and I'm well pleased so far. It replaced a Bostich that I couldn't keep operating. Several other folk recommended the Hitachi also. :wsmile:

I also just bought the Hitachi, but I got it at Big Sky Tools ($41 for a refurb). I bought this one because of the reviews on Amazon and people say the depth adjustment works. I only got it yesterday, so can't talk from first hand experience:

http://bigskytool.com/Hitachi_NT50A..._Reconditioned)___i1043.aspx?ref=qrbmymmwyrdy

Note: If you use that link I get some kind of credit with them. Some people don't like that kind of thing, so here is the public link:

http://bigskytool.com/Hitachi_NT50AE2_2_18-Gauge_Brad_Nailer_(Grade_C_Reconditioned)___i1043.aspx

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Thanks folks! I picked up the Bostitch at Lowe's today on my lunch...I really dig the oil-less feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS