Which Band sawto Buy? Delta or Rikon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello NCWW's,

I have been interested in a smaller Bandsaw for curved cuts, so which one would you choose?

Rikon 10-305 for $270 with free shipping and no driving or wasting my time.

Or a used Delta 28-276 model ....for $150 and an hour drive one way. The guy has had it for two years and loves it, and the guy before him....who knows how long he had it? There is no picture either.

Save about $100 (minus gas for a 2hour drive and time) or get the BRAND NEW Rikon??? :dontknow: :help: :dontknow:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I upgraded my Delta 28-276 to a Rikon 10-325 last year, but kept the Delta as a second saw. I've had it about 15 years.

I noticed this saw now has a 3/4 HP motor and blade tension release. The older models like I have had a 1/2 HP motor and no blade tension release. I felt it was a little underpowered and switched the motor out for a 1 HP. It's good for curve cuts, but wasn't too great for resawing. That's why I bought the Rikon. If this will be your first band saw, you probably won't be disappointed w/ the Delta or the Rikon. Incidentally, I love the Rikon 10-325.

Bill

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Find this one on Craigslist or get it on sale:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...21x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=00921400000P

Same exact saw as the Rikon but with a cast Iron table.

Mark, :icon_thum

Amazon says the Rikon also has a Cast iron table, but they do look the SAME and every spec is the same, so thank you and I think I will get this one as it is 15% off tonight and free shipping if I sign up for the 30 day trial. Hey after I get the saw, bye bye trial.

Bill,

Nope this is not my first Bandsaw, I have the Grizzly G0514 (2002) that I upgraded to the X-model bearings and love it. Just wanted something smaller for curve cutting. Toy trucks and cars for my son.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I have the Craftsman and it has done well for me. At the time I got it the Rikon version had a cast Aluminum table but that was a few years ago.

One thing the troubleshooting guide doesn't cover is the problem with a loose belt. It makes it appear that you have a motor problem...ie:slow spin up, weak performance, blade stops in the cut, etc. Make sure to keep the belt clean and tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors