Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
All who practice woodworking fall into two very broad, but basic categories:
1) those who use tools to build stuff, and
2) those who build stuff to use tools

The two are inseparable, you use tools to build stuff then you have to build stuff to get better at using the tools, then you use the tools to build better stuff, on and on.

Deland

New User
Deland
I can't do any work in my two car garage for all the tools. I posted in my intro that I'm a tool junkie. I love owning a tool to do a job right and have invested heavily over the years. I use tools to make things of metal, wood, or a combination or to fix a vehicle or restore a classic ride. I love using tools and learning new ways to use them but always to do something that is useful. I also repurpose a lot of things for the satisfaction of making something from scrap or cast-offs. The big issue I have with most tools is that I seldom use them to their full extent. Most tools do a job and do it really well but many don't ever reach the limit of what a tool they own can do. It's like a car in that instance, you usually have way more HP and Torque than you ever use in a vehicle but almost everyone I know wants a vehicle that is as efficient for it's intended purpose as possible. Maybe that's where my "way-overbuilt" attitude comes from. I guess I fall into both categories to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors