Where to put "look what I found for sale" posts

Where should stuff FOUND for sale be posted?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Some of us moderators have been rolling around some ideas concerning where to put certain posts. Here are some examples of the types of posts that we're wondering about:
Items found on sale/good deals from retailers
Coupon codes
Auctions that aren't yours
Items posted on craigslist that aren't yours
(by adding the 'that aren't yours' part I'm assuming that anyone would post their stuff for sale here before listing it elsewhere)

Our intention is to move all of the posts of that nature to the same place for the sake of consistancy. Our only question is where to put them? We narrowed it down to 'Member Announcements' or 'Buy and Sell Tools', but we DO care what everyone else thinks and finds convenient. This may seem fairly inconsequential, but we want to make sure that people's viewing habits weren't causing them to miss anything that they are interested in.
So I thought to myself "Self, what a cool opportunity for a poll!"

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I like the idea of "Other Stuph" too. I'd like to see them stay separate unless there are so few thereads that a stand-alone forum doesn't make sense.

Ray

gator

George
Corporate Member
Maybe you could call the new forum something like "Purchase Oppotunities". I would further suggest that the initial post Title start with the nearest large town/city location, ie, "Raleigh - Craigslist Router" . That way if someone is in Charlotte, they would not have to even open the thread unleess they badly need a router and are willing to travel to Raleigh.

George

DaveO

New User
DaveO
It's own forum is a very good idea, or I think the Members Announcements forum is also most appropriate.
Now that isn't what I voted for :lol: because Chris, Clay and I have been goofing off at work all day over this...heck it's Friday :-D :-D

Dave:)

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
On another forum I frequent they have subcategory called "Smokin' Tool Deals" It is a place to post tool sale items discovered on Craig's List, Ebay, other classifieds, vendors, as well as the often short-lived Amazon specials.

In view of the characterization of the tool buying habits of some NCWW members, this subcategory could (should?) be called: "Disease Alert" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

M

McRabbet

Separate Forum -- I like the "Sales Alerts" suggestion as a title and agree that the title of a post should include the source city.

Rob

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
On another forum I frequent they have subcategory called "Smokin' Tool Deals" It is a place to post tool sale items discovered on Craig's List, Ebay, other classifieds, vendors, as well as the often short-lived Amazon specials.

In view of the characterization of the tool buying habits of some NCWW members, this subcategory could (should?) be called: "Disease Alert" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I second having an area to post deals that are fast! I kick myself everytime I miss the amazon specials, it seems I always miss out on them. Be blessed friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS