Where to buy furniture grade plywood in the Raleigh area?

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
I have come to the conclusion that Wurth is not going to sell to consumers and that Capitol City Lumber is crazy expensive so I am looking for other places to buy paint grade, furniture quality plywood.

I don’t need Baltic birch, just good quality domestic paint grade ply in 1/2” and 3/4”.

If anyone knows where I can buy this material in the Raleigh area please let me know.

Thx!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Check out Columbia Forest Purebond plywood sold through Home Depot. They usually stock 1/2", 3/4" in birch, red oak and maple. I have always had good luck with it. Made in Western N.C..

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I have had better luck with Lowes than I have with Home depot

Bernhard

Bernhard
User
Horizon Forest Products (4115 Commodity Pkwy, Raleigh, NC 27610). I get all my sheetgoods from them; better and consistent quality than the big box stores. they also have lumber, finishing supplies, etc.
You still have to call in advance, order and then pay and pickup.

kooshball

David
Corporate Member
Horizon Forest Products (4115 Commodity Pkwy, Raleigh, NC 27610). I get all my sheetgoods from them; better and consistent quality than the big box stores. they also have lumber, finishing supplies, etc.
You still have to call in advance, order and then pay and pickup.
Thanks! That was the ticket. Furniture grade sheet goods at big box retail prices!

mpeele

michael
User
Have you looked at NC Hardwoods in Gibsonville. Only place I know of to get combo core plywood with sequenced sheets. I have always found their prices are generally better than Horizion. Takes me 30 min to get to Horizion and 50 to get to Gibsonville.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS