What is wrong with me? Jeff.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Went to Woodcraft today and spent way too much money on needed things. Pen kits, pen blanks, dust collection stuff, zci for the table saw, etc. etc. Stopped by the orange borg on the way home and had one of the Ridgid Oscillating Spindle sanders in my arms carrying it to the register and then out of no where, I stop, put the sander back in it's place and come home:dontknow:. I have been wanting this sander for months and have drooled over it on the last two shop crawls. Had it in my arms, did I say that?:help::help: So Jeff.... what kind of force could do such a thing :dontknow:? Did you sick Yoda on me? I can't believe that I would have done this in my right mind:nah::nah::nah:.
:rotflm::rotflm:

M

McRabbet

NO [evil]PICS[/evil] [banana]DIDN'T[/banana] [mouse]HAPPEN![/mouse]

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
If you didn't do the turning thing, you'd have had PLENTY of money for that spindle sander :)

But I'm very proud of you Tracy, resisting the urge to go buy tools. It's not easy. The BORGen, Woodcraft, Klingspor, Amazon, Rockler, eBay, they're all calling.....My guess is you'll have that sander before the end of the month :tool:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Patience have you must
Restraint and reason you must use
Your bank account you'll bust
If too many times your card you use

Pen turning kits you buy
Spindle sanders make you sigh
Christmas is coming nigh
Maybe YOU'LL then get a surprise

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I stood with you at DaveO's shop during the crawl. You had "the look" about that sander.

I'd say you just had a moment of fiscal sanity.

Luckly, that will pass and you can get it next time!

Jim

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I stood with you at DaveO's shop during the crawl. You had "the look" about that sander.

I'd say you just had a moment of fiscal sanity.

Luckly, that will pass and you can get it next time!

Jim

I think you have hit on a point here. Shop crawls cause tool envy and make you want to go buy more tools.

FWIW, I got depressed after the first shop crawl and the only thing to make me feel better was to go out and get some additional toyls.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I'm not sure if it was a weak moment, or just the subconscious saving that purchase for another day when you hadn't loaded up your new tool need....
Either way, don't worry whatever it was I'm sure it will pass:rotflm:

btw GET THE SANDER!!

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Tracy, I control my urges by being brand-specific when shopping. I only buy from two well-trusted & well established brands: "used" and "clearance"

:thumbs_up

Glennbear

Glenn
Tracy, I control my urges by being brand-specific when shopping. I only buy from two well-trusted & well established brands: "used" and "clearance"

:thumbs_up

Same places I shop :gar-La; , although I have been known to frequent "free" also :rotflm:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I have been wanting this sander for months and have drooled over it on the last two shop crawls. Had it in my arms, did I say that?:help::help:

Tracy, don't worry it will soon pass and you will be oscillating very soon- I haven't even done a shop crawl to do any drooling - and I drool all of the time when I log in to NCWW:gar-La; - this is a great place - I love it and the people here are great they will help you in any way they can - I thank all of you for being a great bunch of fellow woodworkers

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
We're proud of you Tracy. Resisting the symptoms of toolitis is as difficult as controlling those urges we had when those male hormones kicked in when we were teenagers. :rotflm:Sometimes times we were successful in controlling them, other times we weren't, so you aren't home free just yet. I agree with Bas, you'll probably succumb by month-end.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Sometimes the stars and moon align in just the right fashion. Just this week, I was thinking of getting a duplicate of a tool I already own. (Me, buy a duplicate tool? :gar-La;No way, ain't never going to happen- Yeah Right!) Tonight on craigslist is such a tool, at a price I'm willing to pay, and located near by. Waiting for the seller to call me in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS