What happens if

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
I put shellac on freshly cut/sanded purpleheart before it has fully regained its color?

I have a small project I want to try out shellac as suggested in Jeff Jewitt class. I know the full color will return in a couple of days. In fact, I put the wood under a lamp to accelerate the process. BUT, I'm anxious to start the finishing process now! :roll:

Will the purpleheart still regain it's original luster after the finish is applied?

Over anxious,
Roger

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
That is a good question that Dave O could answer he does not even wait for the glue to dry before he is applying finish :rolf: :rolf: :lol: :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Roger, I posed that question a while back, and before I could get any answers I went ahead and finished the project :lol::lol:. I am impatient. Purpleheart will regain it's characteristic purple color even after a finish has been applied. I've used Danish oil, shellac and lacquer and they haven't given me any issues with the color change.

Nick, I let my glue dry for about 30 minutes, and then I talk very nicely and quietly to the joint so I don't stress it. That is what they advise on the glue bottle :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Whoopie!
Thanks Dave for the timely response. I was about ready to break out the 100,000 watt halogen lamp :icon_sunn:icon_sunn:icon_sunn:icon_sunn

Roger

J

jeff...

Nick, I let my glue dry for about 30 minutes, and then I talk very nicely and quietly to the joint so I don't stress it. That is what they advise on the glue bottle :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dave:)

Dave we really need to talk :eusa_thin

cskipper

Cathy
Dave, I didn't know the instructions on the glue bottle said to speak nicely and quietly to the joint to not stress it. Learned something new every day. And I do appreciate someone other than me bringing up the peach subject :lol:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Dave, I didn't know the instructions on the glue bottle said to speak nicely and quietly to the joint to not stress it. Learned something new every day. And I do appreciate someone other than me bringing up the peach subject :lol:

Cathy I implicitly trust DaveO, though as you keep reminding us he can be a colorful fella :lol: I followed his instructions and spoke to the glue . . . honestly. The finish is looking pretty good too! Hopefully I'll have time tomorrow to provide pix :eusa_pray

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS