What else should I buy from Grizzly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSmith

Greg
Corporate Member
I'm going to order a switch (for my table saw) from Grizzly and the shipping is almost as much as the switch. So, I figured I'd pick up a few other things while I'm at it. Any suggestions (under $50)? Do they have any good pen making kits/mandrels/etc or jig/fixture type things that I can't live without? :eusa_thin

Thanks,
Greg

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
How about we all pool our resources and do a Leveraged Buy-Out of Grizzly.

Fire the Management Team, hire all the NCWW'rs, pay ourselves a salary, get an employee discount and all the free shipping we want.

Oh, BTW, we can all work remotely from our shops via computer.:gar-La;

That's one way to save on shipping! :rolf:

What ever happened to LBO's anyway. Probably time to make a comeback!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

Matt

M

McRabbet

While some of us believe that Scott Smith may have cleared out the Muncy, PA store on his recent visit, there are probably a few leftovers you might consider. I recommend one of these for your finishing work and then buy these extra cartridges for personal protection while sanding shown here. I use these and have found them quite comfortable. While you are at it, go to the previous page in the catalog and order a pair of these Peltor H4979 Twin Cup Ear Protectors -- they reduce noise by 29 dB. As you can tell, I'm safety prone, but these are money well spent.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
That's an easy answer Greg....
the same thing I told the LOML yesterday when she said the shower she was going to was just around the corner from Woodcraft and did I need anything.

Yes I said, just a small box of EVERYTHING!!! Jim:banana:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
What ever happened to LBO's anyway. Probably time to make a comeback!
LBOs are best explained like this as I see:
If you've got a LARGE rock to move and it's only you, you use a loooooooong lever with a fulcrum close to the rock, OK? Now the problem is, if you let loose of the lever, it's gonna fly up & hit ya REAL FAST! LBOs also only work if 2 things are going on:
1. The buyer has to have enough extra cash flow to finance the buy unless he plans to berak up and sell (i.e. 'salvage') the purchase.
2. The seller has to have a relatively undervalued company.
Know any places like that nowadays?

Last edited:

Glennbear

Glenn
That's an easy answer Greg....
the same thing I told the LOML yesterday when she said the shower she was going to was just around the corner from Woodcraft and did I need anything.

Yes I said, just a small box of EVERYTHING!!! Jim:banana:

So after your witty answer, did this happen next ? >>>
trash-him.gif

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
LBOs are best explained like this as I see:
If you've got a LARGE rock to move and it's only you, you use a loooooooong lever with a fulcrum close to the rock, OK? Now the problem is, if you let loose of the lever, it's gonna fly up & hit ya REAL FAST! LBOs also only work if 2 things are going on:
1. The buyer has to have enough extra cash flow to finance the buy unless he plans to berak up and sell (i.e. 'salvage') the purchase.
2. The seller has to have a relatively undervalued company.
Know any places like that nowadays?

Dennis, there is one additional thing required for an LBO to work...

3 - the targeted company must be publicly held. I believe that Grizzly is privately held...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS