What are you up to Rocker, Touchwood, Will Goodwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
At least Rocker and Touchwood have been on the site recently, Will hasn't been on for month now, I hope everything is okay.

UPDATE !

I just talked to Will and he's been busy taking classes online, it's an intense curriculum and he finishes in March. Both he and his wife are doing well and he said that he'll try getting on as soon as he gets time.

Doug,

I want to thank you for this post because I meant to call Will before the holidays and have been too busy to remember
Once again , Thanks.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Touchwood came by my place yesteray. He wanted to joint some wide (12 plus inch ) cherry that had some bad twist in it that he plans to use on a rocking chair.

Sorry, no pics.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I saw Don (Touchwood) today - he's been extremely involved in a custom desk project for the past few months. Now that its completed he's starting back to work on a couple of Maloof rockers.

Travis - he was bragging on your jointer...

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Thanks for asking! I do still exist! ... As Jimmy said, (thanks for the phone call by the way), I have been busy with school work. Six more classes to go. I have to be finished by the end of March to graduate and it looks like I could finish a few weeks early. (Always good to have a safety cushion).

I did actually do some work with wood ... I finished the reindeer (before Christmas :icon_cheers). I actually got them in the yard the first week in December.

I took this photo from inside the house so you can't see the mess of a job I did painting these things. There are a few things they say in the instructions that I should have paid closer attention to. First - when you cut the slots, cut them big enough to accomodate a few coats of paint, but small enough that the parts don't slip out (big help there right? so I followed the pattern, but with a jigsaw and my eyes, the line wasn't exactly straight lol) ... Second - stake them down in the yard. It seems like every few days (sometimes hours) I would go pick them up because a big gust of wind came by and blew them over. I tried some tent stakes (metal) and some small eye hooks, but the small eye hooks weren't strong enough to hold and with all the rain, sometimes the tent stakes got pulled up. Also with all that moisture in the air, one of them has a crook in his neck now (wood warps :BangHead:). It was a good first experience. I'll tell you about my adventures in painting if you care to hear them. It was my first time painting something I had built that wasn't like a dog house or something. I totally messed everything up...no paint on the floor though <cough> peach paint <cough>.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS