What a difference 3 years makes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
I made this cherry cradle 3 years ago for my granddaughter. I used a very light coat of Pa. cherry stain (yeah, yeah, I know, that's a no-no). The picture with the light finish was taken in Sept 2003 after that stain was applied and the one showing the darker finish was taken two weeks ago. The change in color has come from only darkening with time. This is dramatic evidence that cherry just gets more beautiful with age.

Attachments

• cradle.jpg
    cradle.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 194
  • cradle2.jpg
    cradle2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 197

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Stuart, I hope you don't mind my undeleting and moving your fine cradle. The difference in the color is too much to ignore. NICE work!

Monty

New User
Monty
Very impressive! I only hope that the cherry I used for my end tables "settles down" some to look that good over time.

J

jeff...

Cherry and black walnut both are like a fine wine, they get better with age.

dozer

Mike
Cherry and black walnut both are like a fine wine, they get better with age.

I have to agree 100% with that Jeff. They are also 2 of my favorite woods. And I think that cradle has only gotten better looking as time goes by.

skeeter

New User
Charles
The cradle has definitely gotten a richer look with age. It is hard to beleive that there would be that much difference, but here's the proof! BTW, nice looking cradle.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Beautiful work Stuart. :eusa_clap

I've seen the same color change (patina) as evidenced by your pics. Over time you can see the maturation. That's why I prefer a natural finish on cherry.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS