Went to help Bas, brought home unexpected visitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
A Tick.

It was a small one and my first one this year but had bit in my right shoulder by the time I found it. Possibly from brushing up against one of the shrubs but could have gotten it at home. Just a reminder to check yourselves carefully. I don't like those suckers :nah:

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You speak of ticks? After the recent rainy days, I have found a couple crawling on my leg after a stroll thru my "half-acre wildlife preserve" with my dog. I try to check him and myself over after walking thru the ankle high grass/wild periwinkle.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
They are NOT to be taken lightly! I have two friends in Alabama who both had Lyme disease and that is some BAD stuff. Doesn't just go away. Has recurring problems. Be careful out there!

Brown recluse spiders are also getting worse. Watch those wood piles, dark areas in the shop and attic. And KNOW what one looks like!

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I had one of these boogers on my head about a month ago. I was at my office and felt something walking thru my hair ... do I snapped it up with my fingers. Kinda shocked me that it was a tick, because I rarely see them. Nasty little thing now lives sandwiched in some clear tape and is a "tacked tick" on my board in my office...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS