Wench posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
We have all had a good laugh about the CL posts selling or trying to buy a wench. I believe we have had 3 of such in recent weeks. Enough is enough. I think we need to silence any future ones. IMHO.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think that they are just good harmless fun... unless you're a wench. Making fun of folks that can't spell is, well fun. As long as they remain clean and unoffensive to all, I see no problem with them. Although I think that they should dwell in the Off-topic forum, and not the Found/Sale/Deals forum.

Dave:)

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I think that they are just good harmless fun... unless you're a wench. Making fun of folks that can't spell is, well fun. As long as they remain clean and unoffensive to all, I see no problem with them. Although I think that they should dwell in the Off-topic forum, and not the Found/Sale/Deals forum.

Dave:)

I am with Dave on this one

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I agree that real people can be funny. I just don't want the ladies offended.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I agree we've had enough Wench posts.

I suer wish we culd stile ridequle baad spelers.

Jim

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
I guess it just doesn't both me ... but its your call. We need not be too sensitive about the posts, or over empathize with what we think could be the feelings of others. IMHO

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I think that if we do nothing they will probably fade away on their own. I read the first posts, and had a good laugh, and haven't bothered reading any of the newer posts because the joke is getting old.

Rather than moderating them out of existence, perhaps a good first step would be to move them into the "Off-topic" forum, with a note to the poster re the reasons for the move, and if they still crop up with frequency rather than moderating them out of existance, one of us can post a funny note about "not needing any more wenches" or something to that effect.

For that matter, we could write up a "don't need any more wenches" post now. Hmm, a good title would be "what's the difference between a winch, a wince, a wrench, and a wench?'' or something like that...

Same result, but no hurt feelings. If they keep coming after that, then moderate away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS