Water Heater Qestion/possible issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

New User
Gary
About 1.5 months ago I changed out my water heater, no problem. Temp was comfortable, but not the "hot" I was used to. This past weekend I bleached my system and thoroughly flushed the water heater(powered down) and refilled. Now the water is almost scalding hot. Did I mess something up, or should it have been running this hot all along?

Wolfpacker

New User
Brent
It sounds like it's an electric unit, so could be a stuck thermostat. If water temp is above thermostat setting, that's what I'd check first. I had one that stuck and when I loosened the screws that hold it against the tank, I could hear it "click" off. Replaced it and problem went away.

Brent

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Not sure what would have caused the change, but how does the outlet temp compare to the setting on the tank ?

Any chance this is an electric heater ? Two elements..maybe only one was heating for some reason...

-Mark

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Your heater should have come from the factory, set at 120 degrees. Because the thermostats are external to the tank, they shouldn't be affected. But bleaching and flushing system may have dislodged a piece of sediment that was blocking hot water supply pipes. Did you actually check to see what water temperature is? Recently I did this in one of the rentals I maintain, as water seemed a little hot. The temp. only 145 degrees from the tap. Turned that baby down.

NCTurner

New User
Gary
It is electric, temp is set at 125, coming out about 130ish now(never checked it before). Not bad, but hotter than it was, might not be anything, just thought I'd ask the knowledge base here.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
It is electric, temp is set at 125, coming out about 130ish now(never checked it before). Not bad, but hotter than it was, might not be anything, just thought I'd ask the knowledge base here.

Gary,

Maybe you got one of those: "HOT DEALs" that get posted now and then....:rolf:

Sorry...I couldn't resist....:gar-Bi

M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS