WANTED: #4 x 1/2" wood screws

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

I am working on some banks using PO box doors and am trying to find somewhere I can buy som #4 1/2" long wood screws. Preferably brass, but steel will work as well. I found some at the BORG, but they come 6 to a package for $.98. I would like to find someplace in the Cary-Raleigh-Durham area that carries packages of these. A package of 100 would be perfect.

Anyone know of a good source? I am home in Cary today and don't want to drive to Durham to check Public and Burke Bros is closed, so would have to wait until tomorrow. Figured I could swing by Public when I am in Durham Tuesday. I am not in a big rush as I purchased enough today to complete WIP, but looking for future pieces.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Rick,
I checked my stock and that size is what most kitchen supply house's sell to mount drawer hardware.I would think Woodcraft has them and Klingspor for sure.Thats where I got mine.Blum hardware buys theres from a commercial supply house in Charlotte so unfortunately tomorrow they should be easy to find.I've got them in 1/2,5/8 and 3/4 .Good luck,
Greg

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
wilders. just off capital off hodges st. reasonable prices and MUCH better quality than the BORG. they are located on the same side st that the restore used to be on off hodges between capital and atlantic.

R

rickc

Thanks for the leads, guys. I will check them out. I found some I could order online, but it just grates me a little bit to pay $7.95 for shipping for a bag of 100 screws costing $6.95! I will definitely check them out. The #6 size MIGHT work, but I would need to play with them a bit. The #4s work perfectly! On to the quest!

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Rick
I have 2 boxes of 4 by 5/8 Flat head square drive from McFeelys.
Your welcome to them - if they will work
Call me if these will work or send a msg. :icon_thum

R

rickc

Rick
I have 2 boxes of 4 by 5/8 Flat head square drive from McFeelys.
Your welcome to them - if they will work
Call me if these will work or send a msg. :icon_thum

Thank you for the offer, but they are just a little bit too long. The pre-sanding wall thickness of the boxes is 5/8. Cutting it just a tad bit too close! But thanks, again!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Check and see if Rockler has them. They are offering FREE SHIPPING through the end of the year. Promotion code # U9213

R

rickc

Check and see if Rockler has them. They are offering FREE SHIPPING through the end of the year. Promotion code # U9213

BINGO! They do. Thanks Bruce.

On a lighter note - my wife and I went by Agri Supply over the weekend to pick up the wear strips. I think it might have been a mistake. As soon as we walked in the door, she got a massive grin on her face and said "Wow". I got the strip I wanted and then tagged along with strip in hand as we toured some of the cooking things they had, pressure washers, camping supplies - even clocks on display. She was all over the place! We got separated for a little bit and I thought I would never find her! I guess I will now have a "companion" whenever I go there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS