Wall Lumber Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
I've been buying most of my wood at Capitol City Lumber (in Raleigh)... and the occaisonal stick or two at the BORG. Thinking of making a short road trip to Wall Lumber out in Mayodan. Any comments on quality, variety, staff helpfulness? Their website seems to proffer lower prices than any thing around the Raleigh area.

Ray

M

McRabbet

They are the best, period. Suggest you review Chuck Powell's thread on his trip there.

As I warned him, be sure to get there early if you plan to visit Saturday!

Rob

Woodsaw

New User
Qui
I bought some lumber from them as well. They are nice people to deal with. But, I suggest that you call their 800 # before leaving home. They will have your lumber ready when you get there. They also have good selections of sheet goods.

Good luck.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Great folks and good selection of lumber. I bought all the walnut for my kitchen from them.

Nice Figures

New User
Sharon Barrett & Paula LaBelle
How about checking us out on your way to Wall Lumber....we're in Chapel Hill, right off Hwy 40 exit 263. Nice Figures Studio and Lumber Sales. 919-923-1433. We specialize in figured woods, but have other items too. It might be worth stopping by and seeing what we have. We'll treat you right and we'd like your business.

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Been there a couple of times. Great staff and I always bought more lumber than I had planned on. I really liked loading my lumber inside out of the weather.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice Figures said:
How about checking us out on your way to Wall Lumber....we're in Chapel Hill, right off Hwy 40 exit 263. Nice Figures Studio and Lumber Sales. 919-923-1433. We specialize in figured woods, but have other items too. It might be worth stopping by and seeing what we have. We'll treat you right and we'd like your business.

Sharon and Paula, what are your store hours during the week and on weekends?

D L

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Ray,

I made a run a few weeks ago and picked up walnut, cherry, poplar, hard maple. I got a pack of cherry shorts, too.

You may want to look at the 1C cherry. There was some good stuff when I was there.

The staff was very helpful and the prices were good which led to my overspending...uhh, I mean investing! :lol:

Chuck

4yanks

New User
Willie
Great lumber and service. As already stated a call ahead will have your lumber stacked and waiting for you when you arrive.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
4yanks said:
Great lumber and service. As already stated a call ahead will have your lumber stacked and waiting for you when you arrive.

4yanks, welcome to NCWW. Please stop by the "Who We Are" forum and tell us a little about yourself and your woodworking interests.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS