Walker turner table saw $150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Good luck!!!! I knew it was only a matter of time before you added to this thread. I'm sure there will be plenty of folks here ready to take your Craftsman off you hands once the Walker's home and fixed up!

Trav

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey Travis,

Yeah man, for a guy that's taking a break from tool restoration, I just can't stay away...:saw:

I did end up passing though, it's a pretty rare little saw, but not what I was looking for. In talking w/ the seller, it's still available......

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Was it a Cabinet/floor model or something smaller?

It is a TA950B, which is basically the "portable" job-site version of the Walker Turner cabinet saw. How portable a 200# (not including stand, motor, extension wings, etc.) saw is, is up to you. The one thing about the Walker turner cabinet saws, (both this model, as well as the larger floor model saw) is that the trunnion assembly is bolted to the table, rather than the cabinet itself. Another note, is that Walker Turner table saws, (all models) don't really accomodate a ZCI. The blade rides on the extreme right of the throat plate rather than towards the center.

It would make a great saw, I'm just holding out for a true cabinet saw.

Mt. Gomer said:
I'm sure there will be plenty of folks here ready to take your Craftsman off you hands once the Walker's home and fixed up!

Oh no! I'll never get rid of the "first born"! I've always thought it would be nice to have a dedicated dado saw...

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Thanks for that information. I checked OWWM for a photo. What a brick of a machine! Guess I am going to hold on to my "Craftsman 100" for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors