Vinyl Siding Contractor Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi there.

I am looking for a good vinyl siding contractor in the Raleigh/Durham area. Primarily looking for a reputable contractor that you would recommend for some repairs to existing siding.

If there is anyone out there who wouldn't mind sharing their experiences (and contact info) it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wayne, Vinyl is final, but the color isn't. Unfortunately vinyl fades over time, when exposed to sunlight. This makes it almost impossible to match existing siding. Even new stored under the house will be different due to lack of exposure. Sometimes contractors will rob a small wall section completely and reside with new to get material to do repairs in a more visible area. Just an FYI. Personally, I hate vinyl for this and some other reasons. Bruce

ncguy77

New User
Jim
I hadinstalled 50+ squares of a very high quality matte finish vinyl in 1988 in a nice boring gray and I live in the woods with 50% heavy sun and 50% moist woods. I haven't paid a penny for paint or repairs since the install and it looks as good as new as far as I'm concerned. Every few years I power up the power washer and looks brand new. Also had all the eaves and overhangs done in white vinyl. 40+ foor peaks and I've never had to paint something.

Fortunately in 1988 Lowes/home depot didnt exist in their present form so I wasn't tempted by their cheap crappy product that i probably would have got. Used a Raleigh distributor and brand was Wolverine and I believe was considered a up-quality brand back then.

BTW, apparently the matte finish is higher priced since there can be no color imperfections (that is hidden by the grain in other versions). Also the matte finish eliminates the shine or glare from normal vinyl that gives away the fact that it is vinyl. All in all, works great for me.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Hardi-plank (50 year guarantee) is the only answer (IMHO) for siding.
Sorry, but no 50 year guarantee. now it's a 30 year limited warranty. Want have some fun, go to beach and look for houses with Hardie-Plank hanging off the sides. Installation was done blind nailing with a roofing gun and roofing nails. Nails being electro plated rather hot dipped rusted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS