Veritas medium or large shoulder plane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergy

New User
Fergy
Except for cleaning dadoes, what advantage would the medium have? I would assume I could do even more with the large than I could with the medium, and it does seem to look like it fits the hand better than the medium.

For the most part, I see myself using it to clean tenon cheeks and shoulders, so the large one just give me more surface for cleaning up cheeks. It would also seem to work well with a shooting board.

Thoughts and opinions?

decibel

New User
Patrick
Trying to reply and I hit thanks :). Anyway I have the large one and it
Does well for me it does have some heft to it and the medium would probably be ok as well.

If u want to put your hands on the large before making a decision you can check out mine.

fergy

New User
Fergy
Trying to reply and I hit thanks :). Anyway I have the large one and it
Does well for me it does have some heft to it and the medium would probably be ok as well.

If u want to put your hands on the large before making a decision you can check out mine.

Cool! Shoot me your contact info via PM and I'll give you a call to arrange a time to stop by. Thanks!

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have the medium and wish I had the large. But then I've been working on some large tenons lately (Roubo Workbench).

- Ken.

bigcat4t9r

New User
Randy
I have both and use both but like tth heft of the large if I was getting one. The large worked great building my bench, but the medium definitley is nice on more "normal" sized joinery.

Semmons23

New User
Steve
Take a look at the lie nielson rabbet block plane. I just got one with Nickers and it's working great for tenon work but then can also be used as a block plane or rabbet plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS