vBSeo General Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
One of the issues that was considered when it was decided not to upgrade vBseq was cost. Since completing the staff to on vbseo, I just wanted to document the actual situation for future reference.

We own two licenses, one is for this site ncwoodworker.net and one for ncwoodworker.org which was to a test site, but currently does not exist. Both licenses are ncwoodworker's in perpetuity. In addition there is a $35/ year/license for "priority support". This support includes unlimited upgrades that are released for the year at no extra cost.

Our priority support for both licenses had expired. I payed the $35 to extend the lic. for ncwoodworker.net and downloaded the latest release and installed it. Geat product, easy install and would have been worth The $149 for new lic. if that was what was needed.

I did not extend the the second license support. Why, the site it is for, is not active,. We would be paying for no result. We could use on a/the test site. If we intend to do so, we should pay the $35 and extend it also. Whatever we do, I strongly recommend we keep the the support paid up as long as we intend to use vbseo.(It works with vb4, also)

Sooner or later, companies like crawlabilty, will realize that by letting customer's like us only pay the $35 when we are forced to upgrade, they are leaving money on the table and will force their customers to by a whole new license if the support is allowed to lapse. That's what happening with other products. Like with a $300 source editor I use. If I let the maintenance expire, then they will only let me get a new version for the full price. vs the $60 a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS