Vac system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
I have been looking around for a vacuum pump to make a bag system and happened on a good buy today.

This is a pic I found on the net of the model I got, Robinair Vacumaster 15600 1/2 hp 6CFM and it pulled over 30 inches of vac when we hooked it up using his gauges. It is a two stage rotary vane type pump.

I got the unit, and a vacuum gauge NIB for $50.00. This ought to suck a big bag down quickly. Now all I need is get the rest of the stuff; bag, and make a suitable reservior, etc . etc, etc.

I plan on cleaning it up and such and then I will post an actual picture of it.

Looking for any tips and such on making a usable setup.

Mike

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I have been looking around for a vacuum pump to make a bag system and happened on a good buy today.

This is a pic I found on the net of the model I got, Robinair Vacumaster 15600 1/2 hp 6CFM and it pulled over 30 inches of vac when we hooked it up using his gauges. It is a two stage rotary vane type pump.

I got the unit, and a vacuum gauge NIB for $50.00. This ought to suck a big bag down quickly. Now all I need is get the rest of the stuff; bag, and make a suitable reservior, etc . etc, etc.

I plan on cleaning it up and such and then I will post an actual picture of it.

Looking for any tips and such on making a usable setup.

Mike

Looking back over the past 6-7 months or so it appears that you may have an unpublicized case of WG disease. You've been very subtle about your exploits but they have been ongoing. Don't worry, I'm not gonna rat you out. :lol: :lol:

Ok, truth be told, I am green with envy. That vac system is way too cool. I really think it makes a lot of sense in your shop. You have all the other pieces in place and seem to be doing a fair amount of veneer work.

Just imagine the possibilities...waterfall bubinga bookmatched veneers. We need to make a road trip to Wall Lumber and shop in the "specialty" area. :-D Man, I really can't wait to see that sucker in action (pun intended :slap: ).

Chuck

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You guys're giving me ideas. I've got an old vac like that sittin' around from a concrete core drilling rig that holds it to the floor(when the floor's even enough). Wonder if it'd pull that kinda vacuum? I'll hafta give it a try.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I have several of those things, just different brands. When they no longer pull in the micron range, they are trash. It is cheaper and quicker to replace than repair. But one man's trash is definately a wood workers treasure. They are continious duty rated. Sometimes they are left on a system for 24 or more hours, to get rid of all the moisture. Main thing to do is get some vacumm pump oil, and keep it changed. Pulling 6 CFM, no additional vac. storage is needed. Be sure to put filter between the pump and anything being bagged. This will prevent both trash and glue vapors from entering pump. Most any HVAC supply house will have the vac. pump oil. You will find that vac. clamping is also a handy thing to be able to do. For a first time try at bagging, get the super size Glad storage bag and simply run hose through a hole in the corner of the bag. Impress your friends, take a DEPOSIT type drink bottle, put some water in it, add a stopper with a vac. hose connection in it and boil some water at room temperature. Very impressive. For quick vac clamping jigs, you can use CLOSED cell foam weather stripping. Joe has the best price I know of on vac. sealing tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS