Utility Knife Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergy

New User
Fergy
Or, another way to look at it is that you get what you pay for. So long as getting stitches costs you less than the $4 you saved , you came out ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm having a similar problem with a Stanley Fat Max utility knife I bought a couple of weeks ago. It has a tendency to lose the blade making heavy cuts in drywall. Very frustrating when the blade comes out of the knife for no reason while in use. :kamahlitu

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Just as a general rule, I don't think I'd buy a knife at the dollar store. :nah: I have two knives that I use on a regular basis. A hunting knife from Dick's Sports and the Kobalt utility knife. I've noticed that on the Kobalt, sometimes the blade slips out when I'm cutting drywall, but only because I'm putting pressure on the blade release thing. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: The solution is to keep the pressure on the handle. :icon_thum

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
I had a Lennox front load utility knife that I got from the orange borg. At first I loved it. But soon found out that the blade loved to come out when cutting drywall. It was too much of a pita trying to remember I had to hold it just so... Chucked it, actually a pair of them.

Now I have a pair of them that have a big gold knob on the side that allows for easy access to change blades. I got sick of having to try and find a screw driver, or walking back to the van to get a screw driver to get inside of the old stanley style knives. The new knife has an offset bend in the middle of the handle to facilitate added leverage when needed. LOVE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS