User name change???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
fernhollowman asked me to change his name to Jim@Fern Hollow. I successfully did that and updated the Photo Album too :eusa_danc:eusa_danc But know I am noticing every time his name is typed it gets blue highlighted like a link. Is that going to be a big PITB, or does it not matter?

Dave:)

Monty

New User
Monty
That's because when you put the @ sign in there, the web browser reads it as an email address. If you click on that "link", I'll bet it opens up your email program. It would probably be better to call him Jim at Fern Hollow or maybe Jim in Fern Hollow. That will probably keep some poor soul from clicking that link and thinking it's his email address (which it's not).

M

McRabbet

Maybe he's consider turning it around a little and make it
[evil]Hollow Jim's Fern?[/evil]

Sorry, the Devil made me do it! :rotflm:

Actually, I would suggest FernHollowJim, but agree with Monty that Jim in FernHollow or Jim at Fernhollow are good, too. The @ symbol may also cause problems in the Photo Gallery (like the " sysmbol) if it appears in comments, but I haven't tried it.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well I suggested to Jim that his choice of names could be a little problematic, and offered him some alternative suggestions including his real name. He will now be known as Jim Murphy...wasn't that simple :roll:

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS