USC Booster Roosters carving finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

MT native

New User
Jane
I was commissioned to carve a rooster with a University of South Carolina theme. My design blossomed from a simple rooster in USC colors to this carving.

A family of roosters heading to a game to support their favorite team. Dad wearing a "Gamecock Hat", jersey and basketball shoes; carrying a pennant. Each of the chicks has painted a large, bright garnet colored letter on their chest to spell out CAROLINA.

In case you're curious, I've been carving (power) for a little over year and am self taught. I will be entering two carvings, this one and a Christmas ornament, in the Charlotte Wood carving (Club) Showcase this coming weekend.

Jane
1_USCBR_RtSideCR.jpg

View image in gallery

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looking forward to seeing it in person this Saturday, as several of us plan to go to the show.
I don't suppose that with the theme of your carving you'd want to meet us at The Roasting Company on Montford Drive for some roasted chicken?:rotflm:

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
That is awesome. I think it would take me a year to carve just that one. But then I've never carved anything but a turkey. :rotflm::rotflm:

Dragon

New User
David
Being a SC native and not being particularly fond of ClemPson........I can definitely appreciate that. Great job!

MT native

New User
Jane
Roger, Gilbert, David, Ed and Tom: Thanks everyone for all of the kind words. I always enjoy seeing your works as well.

Dennis and Matt: Sorry I have to miss the roast chicken but I already have plans for chicken fajitas.

Jane

Charlotte Wood Carving Showcase
Marion Diehl Rec Center 2219 Tyvola Rd SAT 12-4pm, SUN 10am - 3:30pm

MT native

New User
Jane
Fantastic work Jane, the painting is acrylics ? :wsmile:

Glenn, Thanks for the support. Yes, the paints are acrylics. At this stage in my learning curve, I prefer to use Delta Ceramcoat paints but do to lack of supply out here in the hinterlands I often use other craft paint brands as well. I am slowly moving to the more expensive 'artist' paints. I hope to learn to use an airbrush this year. I'm a little nervous about that :eek:
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors