Uploading photos to Photo Gallery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I've enabled a feature that was in the latest Photo Gallery Software that was installed last month. When you got to upload a photo, instead of the 5 boxes that you can fill in the file names, you will see a button that says something like Select Photos. Click on that and you will get a file selection box, but now you can select as many pictures as you want. when you finish, the files you selcted will start uploading one at a time. For each picture you will see a progress bar. When all pictures have uploaded, hit the submit button and the files will be processed as before.

This is an experiment, so please give us some feedback. Good, bad, indifferent.:rotflm: If people want this then some time may be invested in improving it.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I like it !! :eusa_clap

Before it was always a waiting game that often timed out for me . It is very kewl to see each photo's load progression :icon_thum

good job man :notworthy:

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Great news, Steve. Having uploaded 20 to 25 photos at a time with the old system, I would surely appreciate being able to upload them all at once. Great feature!

Ernie

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Really need the replies. In particular, the OS and version and Browser and version. This particular feature is not really being supported by PhotoPost, they say all they did was create the interface to another piece of software called swfupload which is a freebie produced by another group. That group seems to have no lousy support also.

With all that "bad" going for it, I would normally not have even enabled it. BUT, with all the complaints we get about PP's upload procedure,(don't worry, people on other sites complain about it too.:realmad::realmad:), I thought it was worth a try. So now that it is working:icon_scra, at least for me, we need to know whether it is worth the extra maintenance and whether or not it is worth doing some customizing to make it even more user friendly.

So please try it and tell us if it worked for you and the other stuff I asked above

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Firefox 3.0.10 on Linux, other than the reported upper case issue, works as advertised.

Jim

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Wow! this is great!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

WinXp 5.1, Firefox 3.0.10. Photo upload is easier and MUCH quicker

It worked slightly different than described. When I selected upload I was given a dialog box showing my directories. I clicked on a photo then had to hit the "open" button in the dialog box to select and upload it. Once I hit open the upload process and progress bar started, but was so quick I hardly noticed it. Once I was done with this then I initiated the usual last "process" step which went much faster also.

I also discovered some other (new ?) features I missed previously- once you click on a pic to enlarge it you can hit the little fwd and rev button to see other pics OR (this is something I have wanted for a long time!!) you can watch a slide show!!!! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Thanks!!!!

More about viewing pics- on the down side, when advancing or viewing a slide show, the frame isn't centered, at least not on my monitor, so you must recenter to view each entire photo, and full screen doesn't appear to be available. Also, this feature seems to skip over one or more pics if you try to run in from your gallery; it works ok viewing an album.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Really need the replies. In particular, the OS and version and Browser and version. This particular feature is not really being supported by PhotoPost, they say all they did was create the interface to another piece of software called swfupload which is a freebie produced by another group. That group seems to have no lousy support also.

With all that "bad" going for it, I would normally not have even enabled it. BUT, with all the complaints we get about PP's upload procedure,(don't worry, people on other sites complain about it too.:realmad::realmad:), I thought it was worth a try. So now that it is working:icon_scra, at least for me, we need to know whether it is worth the extra maintenance and whether or not it is worth doing some customizing to make it even more user friendly.

So please try it and tell us if it worked for you and the other stuff I asked above

Steve,

Gave it a try this morning and it appeared to work great.:wsmile::icon_thum

I am running Windows XP SP3, IE V7.

Wayne

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS