Updated Picture Posting tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidF

New User
David
Nice job Dave. Is there any advantage in using either of the two types of link; direct or BBcode?

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Dave, do you know how to make BBcode as the default link when you open your gallery? The default seems to be Direct link. I know I can click switch link type but I'm just trying to save a key stroke. I guess I'm lazy.

J

jeff...

Oh wow now I know how to place pictures in threads - ya'll better look out now :gar-Bi

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave, do you know how to make BBcode as the default link when you open your gallery? The default seems to be Direct link. I know I can click switch link type but I'm just trying to save a key stroke. I guess I'm lazy.

AFAIK there isn't a way to change the default link setting. It probably should be set to the BBCode links as that is the simplest method. Maybe one of our genius programmers can figure that out, and make that change.

Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Anyone can set these options in their Control Panel. The easiest way to get there is to use the Site Navigation sliding menu on the left and go to My NC WW > Edit My Options. In the new window that opens, scroll to the very bottom and select either BBCode or Direct for your Photo Gallery Picture Links Default Type. Remember to press the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.

This is a very important screen -- for example, be sure to fill in your full name, address and (optionally) e-mail address for becoming eligible for DQ status.

HTH...

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Anyone can set these options in their Control Panel. The easiest way to get there is to use the Site Navigation sliding menu on the left and go to My NC WW > Edit My Options. In the new window that opens, scroll to the very bottom and select either BBCode or Direct for your Photo Gallery Picture Links Default Type. Remember to press the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.

This is a very important screen -- for example, be sure to fill in your full name, address and (optionally) e-mail address for becoming eligible for DQ status.

HTH...

Thanks McRabbet. I followed your advice and it works like a charm. Using BBCode saves a few keystrokes when posting pics.

DavidF

New User
David

HTH...

What sliding menu on whose left????

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Dave, thanks for the help but I was really expecting some YouTube links to videos of you walking us through the necessary steps. I know that you are savy enough and have the personality for it. Let me guess, putting on your pants at the computer was too much to ask :crossedlips:

Just kidding buddy. Thank you for doing this. I always forget in between postings.

M

McRabbet

OK, for all of those people that spell words with an extra volwel (like an added "u" as in "colour"), or you suffer from the fear of high places (vertigo or moving "Site Navigator" bars), then you can use the static menus to accomplish the change in Photo Gallery Picture Links Default type. At the left end of the Main Menu Bar in brown, click on User Settings. A new window appears and on the left side are a series of blocks in Your Control Panel. The third block is called Settings & Options -- click on Edit Options and croll all the way to the bottom of the new window to set the preferred Links type. Remember to click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

HTH...

Thanks Rob, we all can learn something from somebody. I hunted around for that feature but couldn't find it. It was right under my nose :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

Dave:)

DavidF

New User
David
OK, for all of those people that spell words with an extra volwel (like an added "u" as in "colour"), or you suffer from the fear of high places (vertigo or moving "Site Navigator" bars), then you can use the static menus to accomplish the change in Photo Gallery Picture Links Default type. At the left end of the Main Menu Bar in brown, click on User Settings. A new window appears and on the left side are a series of blocks in Your Control Panel. The third block is called Settings & Options -- click on Edit Options and croll all the way to the bottom of the new window to set the preferred Links type. Remember to click on Save Changes at the bottom of the page.

Hey! what are you saying????:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS