Update: Pens for the Seabees!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Back in March I posted about sending pens to a unit of the the SeaBees that have been sent to Afghanastan. CPO Thomas Sanchez saved the life of a professional tirathlete, Jordan Rapp, in California after Jordan was hit while training, in a hit-and-run accident. He suffered severed jugular veins, and Thomas's training and quick reactions helped save Jordan's life. Thomas shipped out two weeks later.

With the help of many, many generous members here at NCWoodorker, we have put together a shipment of close to 100 custom pens for Thomas's unit. I cannot thank the people who contributed enough. I am attaching some picks of some of the pens:

9-1-10_021.JPG

9-1-10_013.JPG

9-1-10_012.JPG

9-1-10_015.JPG

9-1-10_016.JPG

9-1-10_027.JPG

9-1-10_028.JPG

And the pen for CPO Sanchez (to be laser engraved with his name):

9-1-10_031.JPG

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
What an awesome tribute to the men and women who service. I am extremely happy and honored to be associated with so many talented and caring people. My hat is off to all of you.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Great support and recognition of our service men and women. Thanks members and thanks to Douglas for leading the parade. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

bobby g

navy1990

New User
Matt
As a 20-year veteran, I am honored to be part of an organization like this with people who truly care for our men and women in the military. That is something that seems to be in short supply in this country nowadays. Great work to all involved. The pens look amazing and I am sure the sailors will truly treasure them.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I met an Army Sgt. Fitzgerald today while on line at the Wake County Courthouse today, after talking briefly I thanked him for his service and after realizing I had this in my pocket, gave him the following:

9-1-10_029.JPG

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Doug
Thanks for getting this together.
As Scott said its an honor to be aassociated with a group
that does this sort of thing.
Those are some outstanding pens going for an outstanding group of people!

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
I will list the generous members that gave their time and skill for this project tomorrow. I do NOT want to leave anyone out! :nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS