Upcoming Advanced Pen Turning Class (NCwoodworker Discount)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
The class is being held on Nov 12th from 10am till 3pm. I'm teaching it at the Hickory Klingspore's store. It is an advanced penturning course ment to take your pens to a new level. I'll be showing how to cast your own plastics, do inlay work, make your own center bands, show you CA finish, and everyone will leave with a pen made from a 30-06 cartridge. It will be a fun day.

If you are intersted I've decided to wave my fee for the course and let you cover the $25 for the cost of the materials and other Klingspore expenses. The normal course cost is $50. I'm waving the $25 per person I get paid for NCwoodworker members.

If you can make it PM me and call the hickory klingspore store.

828 326-WOOD
1-800-228-0000
Opt 8 Opt 1

Thanks,

John

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You're awesome, Man. It's too bad I have other things I need to do. But I/we really appreciate your generosity. Dave:)

woodguy1975

New User
John
If you plan on making it to the class on Saturday to learn pen turning please call the Woodworking shop today or tomorrow so we have ample time to get a hold of the lathes we'll need for the class.

Thanks,

John

chris99z71

New User
Chris
Wow. That's an awesome offer! Too bad I'm not ready for advanced anything...

Not to mention that it sounds WAY more fun than babysitting 4 kids, ages 2-6 all weekend...and no, they're not mine, thank God.

woodguy1975

New User
John
chris99z71 said:
Wow. That's an awesome offer! Too bad I'm not ready for advanced anything...

Not to mention that it sounds WAY more fun than babysitting 4 kids, ages 2-6 all weekend...and no, they're not mine, thank God.

Heck all you need is an interest in turning for the class. I'm going to cover some advanced/alternative material usage, but the class itself will still be very basic. Just show up a little early and we'll get you rolling on the lathe. It is a good opportunity to learn basic turning too. I can do the class such that begainners are turning the basic pen while the folks who have turned pens turn the more advanced stuff.

See ya,

John

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
I've never turned on a lathe, WG assures me he'll be able to get me up and running and finishe the class project. I'm excited. Now, about that promise I made to my wife about not starting the lathe.......

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I worked it out to make it. I am looking foward to this.....or you guys might be looking foward to seeing a hilarious show with me being new to this.

cskipper

Cathy
I couldn't work it out. Let me know when you teach another. Have fun but try to leave the place intact!

cskipper

Cathy
:eusa_danc Once the dust settled (sorry for the pun) my plans all changed and I get to go to the advanced pen turning class on Sat!!!!! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS