Unsafe heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

sediener

New User
Steve
Be sure to remember your pets too. Make sure all outdoor animals have lots of water and shade or better yet, bring them inside.

My wife, a vet, lost a dog today who was accidentally left for 15 minutes in a car by its owner. The dog came in with a temperature of 111, organ failure begins at 109.

- Steve

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Larry, I just got finished reading your warning as far as being careful around a lathes in this heat. I too had a run in with a lathe early last summer. same type of weather, same sweat in the eyes and so on. I was rounding over the edges and the heat in the shed was around 103 or so and only a small fan to help with the heat.
I thought about the danger and then thought about all the times I had told people not to do what I was getting ready to do.
But I didnt listen to myself, and on the 4th pass through the lathe, the sweat was in my eyes, and instead of backing out and shutting down, I pushed it through while wiping away the sweat from my eyes.
And I got a new feature on my hand ( and didn't even feel it), a 1/4" slice from the front of my thumb down past the the first joint on the outside of the thumb.
Never Again will I be as stupid as I was on that day. So never let even the least bit of inattention slip into your work, you may live to regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS