Union Grove Saw and Knife

cmcguigan

New User
chris
Has anyone had dealings with these guys sharpening bandsaw mill blades?

I gave them 4 (167" x 1 1/4" x 7/8" ) as a test and they ruined all 4. I'm hoping this was a fluke. The profile is completely changed and the angle looks to be 0.

cmcguigan

New User
chris
I'll let you know what they say. I'm honestly curious if others have the same experience with them and if they had I don't need to go thru the effort.

I had to resaw several customer pieces after using their resharps. I can't let a customer have what those blades produced.

Last edited:

Linc H

Linc
Corporate Member
I have had excellent experience buying blades from them. I have not had any resharpened thou. The staff there knows our community and seems to be responsive to our needs, or at least that is how they treated me.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I have always considered Band saw blades as consumables. Why try to sharpen? They get dull, spend $25-$50 and buy a new one. The old one becomes trash

cmcguigan

New User
chris
I contacted them and told them what I was experiencing with their resharpes.

I bought the blades back and they were able to put the hook back in but unfortunately, this ruined the temper. The blades cut true but only for a very short time before they dulled and wandered all over. It also looks like they didn't bother adjusting the set.

I spoke with a friend and he said he experienced the same thing.

On a brighter note, the one new blade I bought from them was just fine and ran as a new blade should. The people were nice enough and I appreciated them at least making an effort. I really wanted this to work out, I live 10 minutes from their shop.

Needless to say, I won't be using them for any resharp services. I'll chalk this up to a cheap lesson, it only cost me 4 blades and a couple of hours.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors