TWA Projects Show and Tell

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
I believe many of the TWA members are on this group.

It was my pleasure to host last nights meeting where TWA members did a Show and Tell about their projects and jigs.

There are some really wonderful people out there who not only do good works, but share what they do.

A big thanks to all of you, and I you know who you are : -)

Jim Campbell

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now, I can put a face to the "lips", but you still haven't explained the story behind your name. It was nice to meet you also. If we hadn't had such slow service at Buf. Bros. I would have had a chance to chat before the meeting started.

Dave:)

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Ok ok, you have convinced me to tell the tale of the froglips.

I think of myself as a frog just waiting for a princess to kiss my frog lips....

Hmm, no, uhm, I have a thing for kermit the frog.

Nope nope, thats not it, its my favorite shade of space alien lipstick!

The sad boring truth is back in 1994, I signed up for my first ISP. The username jimcampbell was taken, so i paniced and said, "Uhm, frog...lips"?

Its stuck. A few years ago, someone who made somewhat inappropriate tee-shirts tried to tell me I was infringing on his trademark. Back when I had the www.froglips.com site.

Whats a "Buf. Bros. "?

Jim

sapwood

New User
Roger
Well dang Jim. :slap:

I, too, failed to connect the dots--uh lips :lol:

Rick has been keeping secrets from you. :eusa_shhh Several of us TWAers meet at Buffalo Wings about an hour before the monthly meetings for a pregame meal. It's located in the middle of the shopping center.

Thanks for organizing the Show and Tell, it was interesting and informative.

Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I think that Steve may have taken some pics, but they probably have some of my ugly mug in 'em, so consider yourself lucky he hasn't posted them.
There was some beautiful work. A spalted maple chest from Alan Leyland, he does flat work too!; a beautiful Walnut jewelry chest, various carvings, a few turnings, and incredible segmented bowl, and some very innovative jigs. And Bruce (junquecol) stole the show with his jigs and excellent oratory skills. I was very impressed, glad I went first or I would have chickened out having to play second fiddle to all the great work shown.

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
I am sorry I missed the show. I was looking forward to coming but ended up working too late to make it up to Raleigh in time for the meeting.

D L

R

rickc

There were a number of pictures taken, that will make it my way abut Sunday. Some will make it into the TWA newsletter, others to the club website. I am out of town on a business meeting and will upload some next week. As Jim said - there are a lot of very talented and knowledgeable folks in the club.

(Buffalo Bros - pizza and wings place in same plaza as Klingspor. Some of the club members meet there before the meeting for dinner. This month we got a double whammy: Apparently the guy I spoke with about setting up tables did not take action. On top of that we got a waiter for whom it was the first night tending tables. So they give him a group of about 12 people! Normally we are well taken care of, and get a nice, experienced young lady taking care of us and are out by 7:00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors