Turners Smock Useul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flute Maker

Mike
User
Do many of you use a turners smock at all? I would like something to keep the chips from going down my shirt and all over my arms and on my pants etc. so I could just take it off and not have as much of me to clean up before going in cause I have to keep the Ms. happy and she doesnt want dust/chips in the house!! But I dont have to have anything fancy and costly..Any suggestions ?

MikeH

New User
Mike
I've never used one, but I've considered more than once. The ones I've seen are a little on the expensive side.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I use a large button-up shirt that I wear backwards . We got a video somewhere of froglips demonstrating this .......I don't have a clue how to find it if it is even still there

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I asked for and received this last Xmas from the wife.

Shop Smock | Wood Turners Smock

Works well to keep chips and dust off. I usually wear it when turning unless it is really hot in the shop. I also try to remember to wear long pants to keep the chips out of the tennis shoe tops.

- Ken.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I use a large button-up shirt that I wear backwards . We got a video somewhere of froglips demonstrating this .......I don't have a clue how to find it if it is even still there

You must be more flexible than me. My arms don't bend that way to button it up. :rotflm:

caskey

New User
Scott
Yes and it helps so much... i like the ones the aaw sales better than the ones from craftsupplies. They are lighter and breathe better

sawduster

New User
Robert
You must be more flexible than me. My arms don't bend that way to button it up. :rotflm:

flexible ! :eek: Ha , resilient maybe but far from flexible :rotflm: see the trick is to drape it over your shoulders like a cape. button a button or two near the top then spin it around and put your arms in :icon_thum

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I use a crew neck pullover wind cheater (windbreaker) with tight cuffs. The chips just slide right off. Cheap too.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Try Rick Hutchinson. (http.scrollsaw.com/)
Or Google Rocks Workshop. I have one of his smocks. Work well, cool, and quite inexpensive./

aplpickr

New User
Bill
I use one from CraftSupplies. My shop is UN-heated and UN-cooled. I use it only in the fall and spring. Otherwise it is too thin or too thick. I love it when I can wear it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors