Turner Wanna-be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed D

New User
Ed
I have been a member here for a while, just not much of a poster. I have been woodworking as a hobby for many years, but have never done any turning. I am interested in getting started, taking some lessons, getting a lathe, etc. I have and am reading Richard Raffan's "Turning Wood", but would like to be able to meet with an experienced turner to show me around a lathe , answer questions, so that I might make better decisions as I start down this what seems to be a slippery slope. Is there anyone who might be willing to do this for a couple of hours at your convenience? I live in Salisbury, am retired, and willing to drive within reason. Thanks.

Ed

wndopdlr

wally
Senior User
The other posability might be Woodcraft in Matthews, which is not that far for you. They hold beginner classes frequently and I have found their classes to be reasonably priced for the value recieved.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
ED--------i am in the area and have a lathe. I do not consider myself an expert in any area of turning although I have done some turnings and have attended some workshops. Send me a PM with phone number------maybe we can meet and "talk". I am retired also so we might be able to carpool to some of the places.

Jerry Hartsell

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Ed,
I'm west of you on 150 in Mooresville and second the idea of attending the turning club in Charlotte. They have a great bunch of turners and always willing to help out.

Jerry is another asset that is close to you. The both of us have been turning for a long time and can help. I would love to come over and meet up with both of you guys if Jerry agree's.
Let me know if that works and we can setup a night and I'll bring some blanks to learn with.
Pm me some contact info and I'll call you.
Greg

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Ed, I live just south of Rockwell. I have been turning about 20 years and would be glad to meet with you at my shop. Call me at 704-279-9087 or PM me to schedule a meeting. I also belong to Southern Piedmont Woodturners who meet in Concord on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. We currently meet at the Old Courthouse on Union St. We will be doing demos on Sept. 7 through Sept 15 at the Cabarrus County Fairground on Highway 49 (Cabarrus Arena). We would be glad for you to meet with us there. Several of our members also belong to the Charlotte Club and I'm sure would be willing to talk with further nbout both clubs. Good luck!

aplpickr

New User
Bill
The Charlotte club is an excellent club. We have made several trips from the mountains just to attend their quality meetings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS